General music for all ages?

Narukami

What's up guys? A couple months ago I posted a thread here about DJing for weddings. The main thing that got me nervous was the music and I ended up giving it to a friend. Well now, I got an email to do a fundraiser this weekend and I thought that'd be a good thing to do since it'll give me a good image. But again, I'm kinda worried about the song selection. Can anyone give me a list of tracks (like 10-20?) or a playlist of music that everyone will enjoy so that it will maybe to help me out. I'm actually asking tons of people for help on music and I'd thought asking a bunch of DJs who's been doing this longer than I have would also help.

Ps. Maybe I should search up "wedding playlist" and get songs that would fit the situation.

hit up aria charts

and just get all that top 40 stuff

i imagine it being a fundraiser there will be some oldies there aswell, so get some classics that they know

when you mix, just balance it up between stuff that the younger people will know and the stuff the older people will know. you'll be playing for 2 generations which makes it a little bit harder

just a sec ill link hoddi's party playlist

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7007

for things you can actually dj

otherwise you are looking at top 40's, countdowns that sort of thing. generally just turn on the radio

billboard, aria, take 40 will all yield similar results for what is hot right now

preset playlists are also available in itunes as there are many many albums already put together for this purpose.

To help you out for just this one-off gig I'd check out some of the classic hits CD's you can get. Things like the "Best of Party Hits" or "Best BBQ Songs", CDs like that. If you don't know any of the track on these albums ask someone you know who is a bit older to pick out the best hits worth playing. This plus a few current Top 40 albums and you should be OK for this weekend's gig.

Good luck :)