Accapellas over beats.....help required

wrxfiend

I seem to have created a shit storm, My og post was pretty vague! I may have produced the tracks on Maschine, but once i import the track as a wave into serato thats where the production stops. It would appear the technique i'm using of dropping an acapella on the track is def dj'ing.

I dont really want to do it in a daw situation, as i play parties only at this stage, i want to be able to do it live.....

After some stuffing around last night, i have found if I just mark the acapella at the point the first verse drops, i can then nudge and drag the vinyl to make it blend ok. I'm not going to use software to figure out the bpm of the acapella, just gonna kick it olskool and use my ear to work out if a track will work on my tune or not.

I tried this the other night with ghostface and bob marley, but i was nudging the beat not the acapella, which you could really notice!

Again thanks for all the imput. I really am a noob! I've been doing all this shit on my own for years, it's nice to talk to people who have a clue :)

hey grem. Fully understand your comment but dont agree with the very last part.

Just grab a ztrip mix or a dj am mix and you will see you can definitely achieve on decks what you can in software.

and then some.

and these guys just made it famous. Djs have been live remixing since forever and the acapella blend was just one technique

If course man no hate intended but even these guys would know the bpm of the acapella and its optimal placement or timing of when to hit it in.

Decks or software just a tool to complete the job.