Best Place to buy these 3 things?

CDL92

Hello everyone,

I'm getting into DJ'ing(mostly mixing) and have found the beginner equipment I want to buy.

I've already own Traktor 2 Pro, my parents gave it to me as a gift for Christmas but didn't know you get the most out of it with a MIDI controller and seeing as I own Traktor want to start up my own bedroom studio, i don't intend to do make it a future career path.

So the 3 things I've been looking for are;

-Denon MC3000 MIDI controller =$335

-SoundMagic HP100 headphones =$195

-Novation Launchpad =$119

Now if possible i'd like to buy all 3 at once but want the cheapest price but as i found out the HP100's are pretty scarce on the internet and then Denon MC3000 is so expensive locally.

I originally wanted to buy all 3 items from Amazon but found out all of the items cant be shipped to Australia so if and professionals can help me I would appreciate it

How did you find an MC3000 for $195? That's nearly what the carry bags for it go for. Your best bet would be to look online, more specifically in US stores. Prices are usually much cheaper and shipping isn't too bad (although it can take a couple of weeks to reach you). You could start off by looking through ebay listings.

Also, why would you want those specific headphones? They're pretty flat and would be great for production, but as far as DJ headphones go Sennheiser HD-25's or XD-53's because they're tilted towards a bassier sound.

Sorry about the mistake, mixed up the price of headphones with the controller.

And I was looking at the Soundmagic HP100's because i specifically want the big, over-the-ear design and based on reviews seems like the best all round headset under $200.

Those prices listed are from Amazon, i was thinking about sending the items to shipping service where it gets sent to a US address and then sent to Australia but when you add up the weight and the price for using the shipping service it turns out expensive.

And I was looking at the Soundmagic HP100's because i specifically want the big, over-the-ear design and based on reviews seems like the best all round headset under $200.

Those prices listed are from Amazon, i was thinking about sending the items to shipping service where it gets sent to a US address and then sent to Australia but when you add up the weight and the price for using the shipping service it turns out expensive.

Not over the ear, but certainly are good..... HD25's @ Dick Smith's for $199.95 (delivered)

edit...

Novation Launchpad for $189 delivered

Not over the ear, but certainly are good..... HD25's @ Dick Smith's for $199.95 (delivered)

edit...

Novation Launchpad for $189 delivered

Thanks for the links.

I've seen alot of people using the HD25's but want a very comfortable pair seeing as I won't only be using the headphones for DJ'ing but everything else.

Also, do you know anywhere that I can buy the Denon controller for no more that $400? Overall I have about $600 to spend but if i dont have enough I would choose to get the MIDI controller and the headphones first.

Not to try and change what you want to get, but the HD25's are super comfy due to lightweight.

The only thing the headphones you chose for would be better for is production,s the HD25's are very lightweight and have good sound isolation, which would make them good for general use.

As for getting a good price on the MIDI controller, I personally don't know as I haven't done price hunting for equipment in a long time but it's just a matter of hunting online. However I tend to find at the end of the day most places end up having similar prices

Not to try and change what you want to get, but the HD25's are super comfy due to lightweight.

The only thing the headphones you chose for would be better for is production,s the HD25's are very lightweight and have good sound isolation, which would make them good for general use.

As for getting a good price on the MIDI controller, I personally don't know as I haven't done price hunting for equipment in a long time but it's just a matter of hunting online. However I tend to find at the end of the day most places end up having similar prices

Thanks for the advice, coming from a pro I guess i will start looking at reviews on the HD25's.

About the controller, the difference in prices from Australia store to online is almost 200%, with it being about $600 at most AU online/B&M stores while overseas it may only be $350 - $480, but factor in the weight of the controller coupled with shipping that adds close to $100 onto the final price.

$500 for an MC3000 from StoreDJ. If it's adding on $100 for international shipping then you might as well just buy one from australia if it's not under $400.

I found an even better way.

I may buy from Amazon ($340 + free shipping) then send it to a www.shiptoit.com address, choose TNT express which is only $60.

That makes the whole thing around $400, still $250 cheaper than most Australian stores, I'll have enough money left over to buy the Novation Launchpad.