DVS mixer advice please

overit

I've set my technics up to run traktor scratch pro. For the purposes of this thread I am not interested in any other platter/control options...

As far as I can tell I just need a new basic mixer which has a reasonable scratch fader.

I also need a way to navigate traktor, i.e. browse, load, set and trigger cues and loops, use fx etc.

So I saw this and thought it looked ok for a basic mixer:

http://www.djbooth.net/index/dj-equipme ... ech-dif-1s

and was then thinking of getting a NI F1 or X1.

Sum total then = $375 - $450 in your money.

my budget can reach to double that but I am not the kind of guy who pays for things I don't need.

But I am also aware there are several mixers which have integral midi control options which would allow me to use only one device for both functions.

Anyone got a better idea what I can buy?

Not too sure about scratch mixers, as it's not really my area, however if I remember correctly pioneer do a scratch mixer that is traktor certified with all the controls inbuilt

DJM-T1_top_angle_large.jpg

You would be maxing out your budget to get it though.

as for a standard midi controler for track loading, have a look at the new behringer CMD DC-1.

There about $150 of our dollars and would give you far more capability than a control x1

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwM4TQCJ2JGL28X7a9UrJIBK7zo61ofTVtBgKqUPH7y-AVfevW

Works great with traktors remix decks too! so it's pretty much an F1 and an X1 in one unit!

8O

top man Sol... that mixer also frees up my NI8 and traktor cables am i right?

So although it's top of my budget I actually get my soundcard and traktor cables back to set up my cdj rig too.

Is very interesting.

Any one got any knowledge on the fader in that thing?

or more ideas for a solution.

I'd say it's the same sort of quality you'd find in the other 2 channel pioneer mixers (which is probably also the same fader in many of the 4 deck mixers). Overit you know what a pioneer mixer feels like so it will be good quality + Ok for scratching

nice 1

does anyone have a list or a link to a thread with all the mixers that also act as timecode/soundcards for traktor and that have some midicontrol for browsing/cues etc?

Obviously I am aware that Namm will probably be generating a few new ones but I need to start my research somewhere.

Not sure why they don't have the djmt1 in that list.

So basically you have that option of a traktor certified mixer then taking your traktor hardware and using it somewhere else.

Or weigh up cost of x1 + desired mixer + another audio 8 (for hypothetical calculations) and see where you come out.

If you go the mixer + midi controller I'd be going the x1 or there is a denon one which looks nicely laid out and mapped specifically for time code use. On phone now and about to sleep so ill find it tomorrow