A few quick questions.

I just made one thread to avoid making more threads. I have a few questions.

1. Is downloading remixes of songs illegal since they use elements of the song which may be copyrighted?

2. How do I break into the scene. I mean how do I get gigs with just having a controller and a laptop. I know this question has been asked a lot before probably. I will give some info. My plan for now is to do house parties and then get into the club scene.

3. Do I need a DJ license to avoid copyright issues?

4. How can I stand out as a DJ that makes people want me at their gigs?

5. Can I get gigs by just playing house music, or do I have to play the pop and r&b stuff as well?

6. I was thinking about DJing at my school formal, would it be moral to charge them for me playing there?

Thanks in advance!

5. Can I get gigs by just playing house music, or do I have to play the pop and r&b stuff as well?

6. I was thinking about DJing at my school formal, would it be moral to charge them for me playing there?

I'm gonna answer these two.

5. That depends on what kind of club you want to play. Of course you can get gigs playing purely house music. It's a niche genre though so chances are limited. Not impossible though if you put the effort in. The question becomes do you wanna play house music cos (i'm guessing) it's what you love or are you happy to play anything just to get a gig?

6. Charge them bitches. Nothing wrong with charging money for a service.

I just made one thread to avoid making more threads. I have a few questions.

1. Is downloading remixes of songs illegal since they use elements of the song which may be copyrighted?

2. How do I break into the scene. I mean how do I get gigs with just having a controller and a laptop. I know this question has been asked a lot before probably. I will give some info. My plan for now is to do house parties and then get into the club scene.

3. Do I need a DJ license to avoid copyright issues?

4. How can I stand out as a DJ that makes people want me at their gigs?

Thanks in advance!

Downloading any song is illegal.

For clubs you have to visit clubs, get to know the promoters as other djs.

Eventually ask for a spot or look out for dj comps.

Not all clubs will allow controllers so keep that in mind though.

For mobile parties advertise online share your facebook page etc

No license needed.

This one is a bit tricky, basically by doing something different to others but also being a good dj can get you gigs without standing out too much.

Of course, will be harder breaking into a niche scene than a commercial club though.

Also if you intend to do mobile work youll need all genres imo.

Depends how professional you feel your service is at this stage and if you want to do it for money or exposure.

Good luck!

Downloading any song is illegal.

Not necessarily if you're downloading from online music stores suck as beatport.

The remixes on those sites have been approved by the artist and are legal to download

Illegal downloads man, id say op is aware of buying music.