Beginning Software

conCuss

Hey guys

So I just ordered a Mixtrack Pro

https://www.storedj.com.au/products/NUM-MIXTRACKPRO

and it says it comes with

Software including Traktor LE, Serato Intro and Virtual DJ

Which software would you recommend? if you could state why you like it and why not would be sweet!

can I use software like Traktor 2 with a mixtrack pro ? , and Also with Traktor scratch does it allow you to mix music aswell?

thanks boys! , I know its a lot

i've only ever used traktor and I liked the look and feel of the whole thing.... i'd had bugger all experience with serato, but many people swear by it as well as it's reputation for being very stable.

you can use traktor 2 with a mix track pro (you'd just need to get a mapping for it, which would be easy to come by)

traktor scratch is different, as it uses an external sound card and uses time code. this is no use unless you have a mixer and two cdjs or TTs... but to answer your question, yes you can mix with traktor scratch, but it'll be pretty useless (and way more costly).

i went to a mates and use virtual dj pro and i have serato dj intro that came with my Mixtrack pro

virtual dj seems to have a better array of effects but its so buggy and sometimes the fader would bug out.. serato is buggy free and although doesnt have the best array or choice of effects in my ver very short time mxiing serato feels cleaner and crisp... thinking about geting serato dj full version .. i ahve traktor LE but havent busted it out yet because i heard that it tuens the hot cues into eq kills which is reekin

Yep very similar experience to Robbo.

Nobody should use virtual dj, ever, period.

Serato i found more responsive, stable and easier to use than traktor.

I really think traktor is aimed at setups more aimed at live performance as opposed to a dj set, where serato excells.

If you have a maschine or X1 etc then obviously traktor will be better.