Music and Itunes Backup

Jaz

I havent backed up my music in like 5 years and just thinking about loosing it all would kill me and make days of digging wasted, its easy enough to back up the music, but im really anal and have it perfectly set out in Itunes, is there a way to back up the perfected/edit song and artist names etc and playlists so that if i ever have to re-load it all or even put on a new computer i still have the correct names and playlists instead of songs called "track 3 - derp city" ...you know what i meen

thanks guys ♥

In your my music folder (C:\users\jaz\music) there is an iTunes folder with a bunch of XML files and a few folders. Also possibly a fair bit of music and app files etc in there.

You copy that as well as all the database info will be in those XML files.

Then if you get a new computer - make the user account with same username as old pc - put all music back in same spot - put that iTunes folder in same spot & voila

iTunes will be identical to old pc

yeh most are mp3's, the file names stay the same in the folder after i change them in itunes, thats normal right?

any idea of the folders name Mitch? i had a search but couldnt find it inbetween the 100's of artist folders created by itunes...