CDJ1000 vs CDJ2000 BPM Accuracy

mattus123

Hey just wondering how the 2000s compare to the 1000s in terms of detecting bpm.

I know they display it more accurately by showing 2 decimal places, but A little curious about detection

My reason for asking is that I'm going in a dj comp so ill need to mix fast, which basically means ill be relying on the bpm reader a bit more than usual. I know some of my tracks show different bpm readings at different points in the track on my 1000s, which doesn't bother me. What concerns me more is that the 2000s will be more accurate and show a more consistent bpm, which I won't be used to

For example, right now track a is at 140 bpm and track b is at 140 but the CDJ displays it as 141, I account for that knowing that reading of 1 over is accurate, but this will throw me if it isn't the same case with the 2000s. Hope that makes sense

Cheers fellas

Ah k, but the 2000s will be reliably inaccurate aswell?

Rekordbox makes heaps of difference over non analysed files.

As i have previously dicussed with mitch, the reading you get on a 2000 is the same one from rekordbox analysis, ie it doesnt read it on the fly like 1000s do.

I would actually say 2000s and all new players are slower at reading cds.