free legalish remixes question

eggssell

hey.

ive read all the posts here about the legalities of playing out (and must admit after reading rhemyD's guide and then the links to ARIA, APRA and PPC i still dont understand it...heh),

and though im months from playing out, i just thought of something.

crap loads of record labels (fools gold, mad decent, ed banger - hmm well dj mehdi from ed banger anywho) will give out free remixes of their songs. some are commercially avail some arent (i.e. some are just people close to the label being given access to the masters who then chop it to hell).

like i remember grabbing a bumping remix of a teenagers in tokyo song from the mad decent site, dont know if they ever released it.

anywho, can these be used in sets? or will the copyright police come down on you if you do? does whether it got released in oz matter? >>rhemyd you still here?

and i know a lot of y'all are producers and will say remix it yourself, which i will with effects, cuts, blends and re-edits on the fly, but as of now i dont intend on getting into remixing on DAW's or samplers (cuz i dont have one...yet). but i do have a lot of bumping mixes that i think i obtained legally per se.

if they made it available 4 free.then you can play it 4 free.

and w all due respect to rhemyd,the chance of being caught is tiny. wen and if u get a name 4 urself, THEN start to pay tax,keep records of songs you've played etc.

dnt worry too much bro