Has apple ever invented anything? - Tek Syndicate

SolDios

Just read the title, didn't watch it because there's a lot of this around. Steve (Apple, love them or hate them) was years beyond everyone else. He was a great innovator and whether the company invented the computer or not, their products became the forefront of technology.

That's just my thought

Doing my Engineering Design unit at uni we discussed Apples R&D attitude. I can't remember the specific figures now but they spend far and away more of their money on R&D than any other company. Something like 20% of their budget goes into it. The nearest competitor is around 5% (excluding exclusive R&D companies).

They create something like 100 prototypes to each individual product that eventually goes to market.

i think they well and truly invent things. the iPhone for example was a 10 year process. in the mean time mobile phone technology evolved, as things usually do over time, and yet the iPhone still comes out way ahead of it's time. i personally feel they invented the smart phone, they invented slim and sharp products, they invented an online media store, and much more.

• 3 weeks later...