CDJ's + Mixer or Producing equipment

Rivaldo

Hi All,

New to the forum and to the dj'n game. I've recently been messing around on controllers with music but feel like I have passion for bigger n better things and have money to do so. The question is what do I get? Should I focus my attention on producing equipment (speakers, keyboard screen ect) or should i buy CDJ200s n CDM900?

The thing is I want to one day play in clubs but I feel as though producing is just as important in making it to that scene?

Can anyone give me a sense of direction, should I spend the money on mixn, producing, or both?

If you want to play in clubs you'll need to learn CDJ's.

You can always just produce on software only, until you're ready to purchase equipment, or feel you know the programs enough to brand out into hardware.

And you can get plenty of the big DAW's for free on trials, so that means you can have a go with all of them without spending a cent (providing you already have a pc/mac).

If ideally you want to play in clubs, get CDJ's.

If you want to produce, you can start doing it without spending anything, then work out whether you want to continue down that path later.

ps. welcome to ADJF

You don't need 200s and a 900 mixer.

Personally I'd be in favor of starting as a DJ and going into production later as it will help you to understand how tracks are set out better.

You don't need to produce to get into clubs. Intact, if you just DJ and get into production later you will have alot more people checking out your tracks from your previous presence in scene

Controllers are the best way to do it these days. Just stay away from the sync button and you will be able to play on pretty much anything fine. A mixtrack pro 1 is one of the cheapest ways to get into the scene at $100 second hand.

Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_218 using Tapatalk