Help with fruitloops :)

Buck_Choi

Hi, just downloaded the trial and been playing around. it FL studio 9

just need some help.

first off i go File >new from template > club basic. comes up with kick clap hihat and snare.. and i think its a 16 beat grid.? anyway ive added a few beats while its on a repetitive play. i was wondering how do i get it to have more beats? say i want to have an actual track of some sort that goes on for a minute or something? instead of 16 beats? and how do i loop the beats ive made?

Thanks :) if you dont understand what im trying to say just post up and ill try to make it clearer

yep, I’m rusty on FL but bear with me

You’ve got to use the arrangement view.

This is so you can sequence your "patterns" (your 16beats)

i think along the top is where you'll find buttons for arrangement view also on top of your 16beat pattern there should be a led number thing? It’s probably showing 01 this means its pattern 01 so if you want a variation of your drums you can change to pattern 02 then sequence it all in the arrangement view..... Might be too clear but I hope it helps. I can post screen shots tonight if you need them.

took me ages to find that vid lol. but yeah its pretty handy.

In terms of samples, there is also a Deadmau5 sample kit floating around, called the xFer kit or something, just google it. Some prick is selling it on eBay for like $12, which is in no way legal. Its worth over $100. You'll find dozens of Deadmau5 sound files on FL because he wrote half of them lol.

Acid pro is 'gods' gift to man, that and magix are the perfect starting tools, if you're expecting to make cracking tunes straight away forget it, because they can't, but they are perfect for leading in to ableton, which i think is pretty much golden once you get the hang of it.

and sample packs

try magic samples, i just got one and they are actually pretty good quality.