any DNS3700 owners here?

lloydc

I'm looking at upgrading my decks soon, and considering the denon DN-S3700 as an option. I'd just like to know people's experiences and opinions with these CD players.

My other option is to buy a second hand pair of CDJ1000's for similar money, since they have similar features (minus the USB part).

cheers

Lloyd

I wish I was an owner of these........... one day :) Get them, brand new, you cant go wrong with that

yeah, the brand new thing is a massive plus... just gotta save the cash and sell the existing equipment I guess.

It might mean being without decks for a few weeks though 8O

true. what sort of usb device will you be using? mass media storage devices aren't that expensive anymore these days. i guess if your using a USB stick or media card there not...

I'd be using memory sticks, but it would mean i'd have to purchase 3 (two for normal use and one back up).... from what i can gather, decent memory sticks are ~$100 for 32gig and $200+ for 64 gig....

I though you could do that, dont they have a d-link port on the back of them?

so did a lot of other disappointed customers... the dlink is to share track info and PS2 keyboard by the sound of things

I'd be using memory sticks, but it would mean i'd have to purchase 3 (two for normal use and one back up).... from what i can gather, decent memory sticks are ~$100 for 32gig and $200+ for 64 gig....

oh i see. $100 doesnt seem too bad for a 32gig memory stick. but yeh, there are other ways to spend $100 thats for sure

oh i see. $100 doesnt seem too bad for a 32gig memory stick. but yeh, there are other ways to spend $100 thats for sure

$100 is fine for 32gig, but I recon i'd out grow it fairly quickly... which means i'd be looking at 64gig sticks... $200 x 3 = a lot of songs on beatport and a number of blank cd spindals :)

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
you heard it from denon themselves

but yeah regardless i would still get them

you can use mp3 cds cant you?

and use the usb slots for traktor or serato?

yeah, you can use mp3 cd's

not sure what you mean about the usb thing, but you can use them as midi controllers, and they are probably the best (most responsive) thing you can use with serato because of the new hybrid mode.

edit: why the hell would you want to use MP3 cd's when you can use USB sticks or external HDDs?

• 1 month later...

The new Hybrid firmware (version #2) update will be released next week.

This means that the timecode is generated in the DNS3700s DSP so no need for timecode CDs / USB.

It will generate for SSL (default), Traktor (but no spinning platter support), RPM, Virtual DJ, PCDJ etc.

Therefore it will be THE most versatile CD / Media / MIDI player on the market. :P

• 3 months later...