Ableton - Chopping up Audio Files (help)

djbater

Hi guys, I am very new to ableton and have been doing tutorials, and everything has been going smoothly. But there is one thing that I want to do that I can't work out how.

Basically I have a lot of 'mash-ups' that I play live, and I wanted to formalise some of these, and make them better. Then further down the track, potentially put a beat I make behind the lyrics.

So in order to do this, I need to chop up the audio files in ableton, which I can do in the track display window, but I can't seem to get the exact point required as I am restricted by the grid it seems.. I am sure there must be a way around this.

Also, how would I EQ a audio file (as in equivalent to turning the bass down on a normal mixer).

Thanks,

exact point as in a starting point of the track? are you trying to wrap the track? can always just zoom in the point in question and add a marker by double clicking in the grey bar then set 1.1.1. from here or what ever it is your trying to do.

use EQ8 to cut the bass and whatever else out or if its just the bass you could use a Autofilter set to high pass

I think he wants some instructions on how to add the EQ3 / EQ8 onto a track

(i'm not an ableton user so I can't explain how to do it)

its a drag and drop from the plugin menu

if you only want it to effect a single stem add to one channel

if you want to simulate turning the base down on a mixer (thus effecting every soundfile in the track) drag the eq 3 to the master channel in the bottem right of arrangement view