rca question

oznewbie

Just plug your controller in to one of the channels on the mixer, and then just turn your mixer on and use the master on it.

This will work, however I think he only has a 2 channel mixer, so he'd have to unplug a CDJ to make it work. Effectively still swapping cables.

To avoid possible damage to your equipment, I'd recommend a switch over piggy back cables

yea guys, on a 2 channel pioneer djm400....

just a thought, can i use a phone/line .... ? then just flick the toggle from cdj/controller.

this wont cause any damage? cant imagine it, as essentially its the same as running cdj through it. Just thought id check.

thanks guys

(not my photo)

zudcn24e.jpg

but just thinking about it, my concern was the soundcard built into the controller, doing some damage to the mixer ... but cdjs have soundcards built in.

...its like a cdj playing, without the mixer on ....

if i dont have to have the mixer on, id rather not.

im in two minds. :wall:

yea guys, on a 2 channel pioneer djm400....

just a thought, can i use a phone/line .... ? then just flick the toggle from cdj/controller.

this wont cause any damage? cant imagine it, as essentially its the same as running cdj through it. Just thought id check.

thanks guys

(not my photo)

zudcn24e.jpg

Watch your levels there chief. Stay out of the red ;)

You only use the phono input for phono devices (e.g. vinyl turntables), so if you plug the controller or CDJs into the phono input you'll damage it, as they are both output at line level.

I actually just had a look at the back of a DJM400 specifically, as i've never used one

DJM-400-K_back.gif

You COULD run your controller into it without unplugging the cdjs, and just use the mixer. There is a switch to flick between line/phono on the second input for the channel. So you could plug your cdjs into the cdj inputs on each channel, then on channel 1 flick that switch on the back to line, and plug your controller into there.

Then you use the switch above your EQs on the mixer to switch between your CDJ and your controller on channel 1. That would be a better way to do it

You only use the phono input for phono devices (e.g. vinyl turntables), so if you plug the controller or CDJs into the phono input you'll damage it, as they are both output at line level.

I actually just had a look at the back of a DJM400 specifically, as i've never used one

DJM-400-K_back.gif

You COULD run your controller into it without unplugging the cdjs, and just use the mixer. There is a switch to flick between line/phono on the second input for the channel. So you could plug your cdjs into the cdj inputs on each channel, then on channel 1 flick that switch on the back to line, and plug your controller into there.

Then you use the switch above your EQs on the mixer to switch between your CDJ and your controller on channel 1. That would be a better way to do it

nice. thanks mate.

Il maybe go down that route. so just as long as its set to LINE, no damage should be done.

only the phono is amped for analogue. Line is just another digital input ... non amped. fine for CDJS, controllers etc?

thanks BTW.

i dont mind swapping cables for now, but ideally i would rather not have 2.