standard or battle

eggssell

hey turntable people (not to be mistaken w/ turntablists ;) )

do you spin in standard (tone arm & pitch controls to the right of the platter) or battle (tone arm & pitch controls to the top of the platter).

just curious. i spin standard only because my current setup which was using an existing glass shelf type thing which we already owned, and have come to like having my pitch where it is.

I use to play in battle style until I got my bench made. There's basically no difference when mixing. If you're scratching you'd want to go battle style for the space so udont knock off your tonearm. P

switching to battle style just hives u a tighter mixing space compared to standard

hmmmm.

yeah well ive been considering getting a coffin and they are all pretty much battle mode (ive found one that isnt and its for a 19" mixer while mine is 10" and it doesnt have a front face plate!) so ive been considering changing.

i dont scratch much (yet), and i have become comfortable with standard BUT having said that i havent actually tried battle. might just have to give it a whirl, except for the fact given my current setup I can't!! doh. maybe ill put on th floor to try ha ha.

for those using battle, you got straight arms or S arms? ive got S.

you can use either in the battle set up. i had both and i found that the straight arm was better in that format mainly for scratching. mixing is kinda 50/50. straight arms would be better id say in battle formation where "S" would be better in standard formation. thats just what i found while trying it. i spose if you played in a particular formation long enough you'd get use to it