Need some help with raspberry pis and shit

Cupe

What's the deal with these things now?

I basically want a cheap as fuck small computer to plug into a monitor so I can just play certain streams on it in different rooms of the house.

So it'd have to come boxed up (not just the board with no case) and with some kind of wifi and shit, plus the ability to plug it into a pc monitor.

Info pls?

i got like 3 lol. mitch has one as well.

basically, low powered computer that runs linux off of an SD card. you'd be looking at the latest raspberry pi 3. it has on board wifi and HDMI as well as composite out (RCA yellow video cable).
there are a heap of cases for them, you can buy them in a bundle with cases and shit. 

the raspberry pi 2 & 3 have 4 usb ports, ethernet and hdmi but the 3 has onboard wifi as well.
you'd be looking at buying it from ebay, easiest. $60 - $70 ish for the board. if you want a bundle with case, sd card, cables etc.. thats about $100+

the plus side of a bundled package is sometimes they flash the sd card with raspbian (debian for raspberry pi) but thats easy as fuck to do. 

cases for the pi are like $10 and sd cards are like $15 for a 16gb.

1 hour ago, ThatPartyGuy said:

the raspberry pi 2 & 3 have 4 usb ports, ethernet and hdmi but the 3 has onboard wifi as well.
you'd be looking at buying it from ebay, easiest. $60 - $70 ish for the board. if you want a bundle with case, sd card, cables etc.. thats about $100+

the plus side of a bundled package is sometimes they flash the sd card with raspbian (debian for raspberry pi) but thats easy as fuck to do. 

cases for the pi are like $10 and sd cards are like $15 for a 16gb.

Yeah I want to save on as much bullshit this end as possible.

So I'd love to grab one already setup with OS and a case and all the other bullshit so it's just ready to plug a screen in and go.

Are whales on eBay alright? Better than the pi shop websites?