Complete Track Walkthroughs

Mitch

Looking to work on improving production quality. Considering downloading/buying one of those complete track walkthroughs. Has anyone got one before that's good?

Using ableton and looking at disco/house sorta stuff. Also got the maschine but I don't really use it so if anyone has any vids on incorporating that into the workflow that would be sweet. Haven't really found a way that works awesome for me to incorporate in yet.

Yeah I'm not sure if they're any good either, so wanted to see if anyone has seen any experience with them. I'm fine with the ableton itself, I know how to navigate around and do everything, I guess it's my actual music knowledge is my weakest point, so I was looking for something where I could watch someone compose something to get ideas to work off and improve.

I know plenty of people in Melb who are better than myself I should probably ask some of them to collab and learn off them as we go

• 2 months later...

ive looked through quite a few now and admittedly picked up lots of little things. especially mix related. really depends on where you get it from. Ive had a couple that sound fantastic on the vid/sc link whatever and then i open it up and its a bunch of frozen audio tracks like wtf as if im going to learn shit off of that.

be careful to look out for the plugins you need to have as well. ive seen a couple with huge lists of plugins that i skimmed thinking i had all the major ones and then opened the project to find a whole lot of useless shit. 

not to sure about house/disco/techno but for a couple of the future bass/trap/bigroom sorta ones ive seen they do some pretty interesting stuff mix wise that i wouldnt have thought to do if i couldnt pull it apart (mainly listening to what individual channels sound like in isolation. thing ive found was that i was not nearly harsh enough with my eq'ing in the past because i too often listened to individual tracks in isolation and then tried to make a lot of good sounding things fit together. listen to shit in the mix and then iso was really fascinating)