There is now $ADJF forum cash you can earn by doing shit

Cupe

Okay, well I guess so long as you've got a decent scale for $ADJF to store credit.. Because you don't want billions of $ADJF equalling equivalent store credit etc.

I like the idea of it becoming something where we can earn merch, like lanyards, stickers, maybe even shirts if you ever reach high enough credit, etc.

3 minutes ago, BeatLeSS said:

Okay, well I guess so long as you've got a decent scale for $ADJF to store credit.. Because you don't want billions of $ADJF equalling equivalent store credit etc.

I like the idea of it becoming something where we can earn merch, like lanyards, stickers, maybe even shirts if you ever reach high enough credit, etc.

You can already use it as currency in the store. You just have to earn enough to buy something. It's not going to be simple to rack it up because the money for that gear has to come from somewhere (my bank).

I think it's like 1000 Basic (100 Prestige (1 Royal)) to earn 5 dollars. So a Lanyard after 1000 posts.

The real prize is having dat Royal cash.

Just now, Cupe said:

You can already use it as currency in the store. You just have to earn enough to buy something. It's not going to be simple to rack it up because the money for that gear has to come from somewhere (my bank).

I think it's like 1000 Basic (100 Prestige (1 Royal)) to earn 5 dollars. So a Lanyard after 1000 posts.

Yeah, that's pretty decent. Maybe can instigate some kind of donators only get to use it? Even if it's as little as a $1 donation to be involved. Could help lighten the bank aspect.

Just now, BeatLeSS said:

Yeah, that's pretty decent. Maybe can instigate some kind of donators only get to use it? Even if it's as little as a $1 donation to be involved. Could help lighten the bank aspect.

Actually it would be better to give people $ADJF for donations. So their money comes back to them to use to purchase stuff in the store.

Fucking brilliant idea +rep

1 minute ago, Cupe said:

Actually it would be better to give people $ADJF for donations. So their money comes back to them to use to purchase stuff in the store.

Fucking brilliant idea +rep

I'm also sure, because it goes through as a paypal donation - that anything over $10 is tax deductible. Might be worth looking into that.

1 minute ago, Duz said:

also only counts if registered charity (which pretty sure adjf is not)

No, but donations via Paypal may count - I'm pretty sure they'll do, i'll do some checking later on.

You're technically not donating to ADJF, you're donating to PayPal, which I'll wager takes their cut to send it to the 'right cause'

Yeah PayPal deducts their tiny amount like any transaction.

The only way to get around that is to use the direct payment to a friend or family or whatever it is, so they don't steal a bit.

But that shit doesn't work well with the plugins and other crap. I can take another look at it but its not heaps. And it's a service fee or whatever.

Either way there's no point giving a shit about claiming anything because this isn't a registered business NFP or otherwise.

Just now, Cupe said:

Yeah PayPal deducts their tiny amount like any transaction.

The only way to get around that is to use the direct payment to a friend or family or whatever it is, so they don't steal a bit.

But that shit doesn't work well with the plugins and other crap. I can take another look at it but its not heaps. And it's a service fee or whatever.

Either way there's no point giving a shit about claiming anything because this isn't a registered business NFP or otherwise.

Ah, there is a new paypal.me thing that actually works good

1 hour ago, AlexJ said:

how long will it take for my presitige dollar to double? wouldnt it make more sense to leave it as basic dollars for interest purposes?

70 days if you don't contribute anything to the account to go from 1 prestige to 2

Yeah I just need to scope out how to configure the donations plugin to work, and use the right link in the top menu (they are two different methods afaik).

Just haven't looked into it for a while.

Will do but. Link me to any things that work