Techno Production

Scixors

I love techno, for me it's the epitome of capturing emotion and creating a soundscape in the mind.
I really wanna get back into producing again as the last 6 months or so has been spent focusing on primarily mixing. 
Now, I'm nowhere near the level that some of you guys are at, I still consider myself a novice, but about 6-7 months ago i did finish this one track I'm going to link below.
It's wayyy too long and uses a couple of presets, but over all I was pretty happy with how it ended up. 
It's not really mixed down or mastered at all because I haven't really acquired those skills just yet. 

I'm always open to criticism and feed back as well as gaining new knowledge , I was kind of hoping to get a little feed back on the track, but more so any tips/tricks & general rules you guys would follow in producing this kind of music.

Lettuce know whatcha think :safe:

The ambient textures are nice and the bird sounds are a real nice touch. the drums are sitting in the mix nice too. 

as far as the second drop goes (or second part after lets go) i'm not really a techno dude so i don't know if the change was really necessary but it still sounds good and seems to work in this track. 

same goes for the 3rd part but that's just my opinion. in saying that though, it all sounds like it's supposed to fit so well done there. 

nice track overall man. keep at it :) 

This is pretty sweet man! Love the sounds you're using, and nothing wrong with a long track, as long as it stays interesting throughout the whole thing. 

I feel the kick may be better with some adjusting of the EQ/compression as there's a noticeable 'click' which I think it might sound better without that coming through (personal opinion). 

Track loses its energy on the two breakdowns. It's all about changing/tweaking a couple of elements at a time. Perhaps on the first breakdown some delay/reverv/echo fx to really draw the sounds out which will help with the transition into the breakdown + some white noise + add some of the percussion hits in that little breakdown to fill it out a bit more. Might help it from feeling like such a sudden change.

Similar deal with the second breakdown. Maybe keeping the shuffling hat noise would bridge the transition in the breakdown a bit better. Also, between 8 and 8:30 is a bit of a dead spot. I'd almost consider having a longer breakdown and bring the synths in over the breakdown, create some tension in the build, then bring the kick back in around 8:30.

I like the concept and the synths, mixing seems pretty good in terms of everything sitting nicely. More just making less changes at once to keep the flow of the track going IMO. Keep listening to similar tunes and see how other producers do it. Keep it up :thumright::thumright:

I definitely understand what you guys mean about the sudden change in energy, it kind of seems more like a "banger" in the way it drops out and goes down into its own little section rather than adding to the song's growth as a whole (if that makes sense) I think @Mitch's Idea for the dead spot at 8:00 is fantastic. 
I'll jump on and try to get it flowing together as one journey rather than a few short trips, as well as killing that kick click 
Thanks for your advice my dudes, it is much appreciated :cheers:

Good track man, it's definitely a journey! I'm not a huge trance/techno buff but I liked it. You've got some really good skills. All sits really good together and has good energy..

I wouldn't fuss about presets man, I think along the lines of painting a picture. Lots of the colours have been used before but what they make is unique. But with that said I still reckon you should add some of your own elements by tweaking them or layering etc. to make it sound your own.

Solid track tho, look forward to hearing more!