Anyone used Pro Tools for sound arrangement?

Cupe

I don't know if anyone here has used or uses pro tools. 

Ive had much experience with it and I don't like it. I don't think it's very user friendly but that's me. I'd suggest that what you already have would be find for compositions 

are you wanting to record into pro tools or just arrange audio clips?

Mainly arrange as I'll have a whole shitload of samples and will adjust them outside with other tools (cause I don't know what I'd be doing to manipulate in Pro Tools).

I just want to be able to line up a shitload of tracks and have them come in and out when they should.

Really just build the songs from all the parts in something.

Don't know much about reason but like Mitch said any daw will be fine. If you want to manipulate audio, there's a bunch of cool samplers that can do tricky stuff otherwise ableton is pretty cool for that. I think pro tools is a bit much for what you're aiming for at the moment but will certainly work for what you want to do. 

Have you got experience in any other software?

I've tinkered in Ableton but that shit is better for live stuff right? tbh I wouldn't mind trying to learn how to make this audio soundscape live too.

Why is there such a vibe off Pro Tools? Every top tier cunt that works on sound engineering is on it.

I'll be using a massive amount of different tools to fuck with the sound before I arrange it

Because we all know ableton and not pro tools :) which means we can help you better. Any DAW will do what you want pretty easy, so using what you already kind of know makes the whole process easier. Learning 1 DAW well is far better than knowing a tiny bit about 5. More productive = more time spent on the music instead of finding what button to click

There's no doubt that pro tools has a lot of power. I'm not taking that away from it but it is expensive and it is a tricky bit of kit, and overboard for what I believe you want to use it for. However, if that's the way you wanna go then I'd say go for it. Have a look through forums or go chat to someone in a music shop about it. Also, if you want to make soundscapes I'd suggest you learn to use absynth. It will become a very handy tool for you. I'm happy to record a video making a sound if you like?

I've achaly been chatting about Ableton today, and because I want to do some of this stuff live it's probably the better option.

@LabRat I'll get an Absynth demo on the weekend and have a muck around. A lot of what I'll be working with will be live recordings and instruments manipulated later on then arranged