So I need some feedback

defanutley

Im thinking of making some DJ Tables/Desks, to sell to DJs so they don't have to have their gear sitting on some milk crates and a slab of wood,

now that I have successfully gained unemployment I have a bit of free time on my clock,

now I have made one of these before as the picture show below,

9932_136524265805_690280805_3065559_3727804_n.jpg

9932_136524270805_690280805_3065560_8046822_n.jpg

9932_136524310805_690280805_3065566_1441239_n.jpg

9932_136524290805_690280805_3065563_5373546_n.jpg

now im thinking this model is very heavy and hard to ship,

so im gonna make these DJ Table/Desks just like a flush fitting coffin with legs with options like laptop stands , pull out trays and custom fit outs for all different types of dj equipment, so it can tailor made to suit your needs,

so the BIG question is who is interested ??!!

I volunteer for run a trial run, you make it for free and Ill pay shipping and yeah then it gets my very sort after stamp of approval, sounds good right................... O_o

:safe:

In all seriousness I think if your prices are good enough and you can get some decent advertising Im certain you'd get customers.

The record storage may add extra weight but it also adds a lot of stability. maybe you should look at flat packing them for shipping (with a bit of glue, screws and some random fixing to add a bit of mystery to the build).

maybe you should offer a base model and then ask people what alterations are required (ie cut outs for their CDJ's).

What about unpainted models for those folks who want to save some money.

The record storage may add extra weight but it also adds a lot of stability. maybe you should look at flat packing them for shipping (with a bit of glue, screws and some random fixing to add a bit of mystery to the build).

maybe you should offer a base model and then ask people what alterations are required (ie cut outs for their CDJ's).

What about unpainted models for those folks who want to save some money.

flat packing is one idea but people tend to stuff things up (myself included) and bits go missing

you unpainted idea can be easy (I just wont paint it ) if cost is that much of a problem,

I am thinking of making them as a DJ table with metal legs to keep the weight down

cheers

hi. i was just thinking of this. i need one done LOL =P but im just going to take my plan to some carpenter and see what they can quote me

this sounds pretty interesting. haha you should just send it all in pieces but with a manual + dough plugs. haha =)

goodluck sounds really good.

Edit- i was talking to tomy before he said he was going to design one for me! but he was busy then :D if your reading hit me up an email!! :D