greenwood residency

man this was a bit of a what the. here is a dj comp where you dont need experience, win dj hero stuff and wait for it residency at greenwood!!!

now i use to love greenwood (circa. 99-00, only place you could go to manly have a bit of a swim and a feed, then rock up to greenwood in boardies to enjoy some beer and funky music in the sun), dont know what its like these days, i aint been for at least 5 years.

http://yourshot.com.au

good ol' northies. ha ha. was it sounds on sunday?

forgot to mention i only really hit it on sundays. nothing like a drink in a church ontop of a mall with some blaring funk house in the daytime...

can't really remember who use to play except shamus. he kills.

yeah i know.

but i think its like the djunited school, they have a comp for all the grads in front of a live crowd (so ive read). so it looks like theyre gonna pick 30 peeps from your write-up, train you up, then chuck you infront of a crowd and pick the best to get all the kit and residency.

sounds awesome!

i was a bit wary in that you have to tick i agree to terms & conditions without actually having any acces to these terms. i ve tried googling for them too and cant find anything. maybe you've signed away your soul skank!

oh i followed the link from the dj warehouse newsletter and never actually read the newsletter till now. And yeah it is per above. they will pick 30 peoples and put them thru the 8 week training course, and then get the 30 to play out against each other to pick the winner.

yeah man i gots it too. same w/ some mates who hopped on.

also read somewhere else a few people been getting it. looks like its gonna be a massive turnout.

i aint got facebook but from their facebook invite i saw they had about 250 friends, so itll prob be that many people there.

yeah i did, i went in nice and early (8 am) cuz i had a bbq at my place 12.30 that day. my mate who also joined me was up till 3ish too, so by the time they got the line going at 10 he was all agro. ha ha.

spewing though, got there at 8ish nothing doing, so went for brekky came back at 9 and we were like the 2nd or 3rd group there (everyone seemed to come in packs). and so we sat at the tables.

by 10 there woulda been about 150 ppl there, then they ask everyone to line up at the stairs!! lucky for us (so we thought) we rushed up and were about no more then 20th in the line. but we didnt get our turn till 12!!! i felt sorry for the couple that was their first as they were on the opposite side of the stairs, so they musta been way back once they got in the line!!

admittedly though it seemed to take ages in the first hour (i.e. we moved one step), then it sped up.

not sure how they gonna differentiate peeps, had about 1 minute to win them over and there was at least 200+ by the end of it. heard some people lined up for 4 hours, while others showed up 5 and didnt have to lineup!!

if length of talk was anything to go by, i dont like my chances but my mate seemed to do alright. but you gotta be in it to win it.

i didnt go to the interviews and i still got a letter saying i didnt make it attached were some pics of the line of people waiting and id admit that if i went and saw that line i woulda said fuck it anyways

hope someone from here got on would be great you see that man people waiting in line why arnt they on the forums????

aint hindsight a bee-hatch. i said i was hitting it. you should of hit me up with a t, some flyers and some stickers or something. i know next time get some adjf mouse pads for the digital dj of tomorrow!

anywhos, nah i didnt get my shot. maybe its cuz i said i want to play bmore and miami bass, or maybe they just heard me mix heh. as i said before i figured my chances were buckley to none.

hey skank you probably got that email cuz you entered and now you will be spammed!.

the funny thing was you know how on the second email where they said "you made the cut", even though everyone made the cut, then on the day that steve bloke from munky was still keeping the charade saying you all made it to the next stage!! ha ha pfft.

but theyve done really well with it. on the day a camera crew showed up, and i remember saying to my mate i rection his piloting for a tv show thats why they needed so many peeps to show up. and sure enuff apparentally its going national and on tv later this year.

"so you think you can dj"!

"so you think you can dj"!

Hmmm i dunno if free to air TV will get the audience needed for a show like that. People seem to be more interested in people who can't sing haha.

Prob make its way onto pay tv somehow.

Pity you didn't get through eggssell. Maybe they were looking for people that have NEVER EVER even touched a deck in their life.....

chers man, well i can still count on my fingers & toes how many times ive touched decks!

but aint no thang but a chicken wang.

from applying i figured my chances were low. as the comp required no dj experience and was being headed by a pr/ event company, it seemed a little more catered to finding someone you can market.

not an oldie trying to live the dream (heh sorry for jacking yer line defanutley).

all good to the peeps that got thru though. many a dj have gotten their break from a comp.

Ive only ever been to the Greenwood once on a Thursday night which was pretty good! kindof remided me of Mona or the Steyne in Manly.

been there pleanty of times for Sounds on Sunday which was pretty awesome back in the day!

havent been there for like 3 yrs so ????? now!

Brenton

i think SOS is goneski now though. i scoped the greenwood site back when the comp first out trying to find t&c's fo the comp and there was no menion of sunday.

i thinks the sounds crew just do their fests like we love sounds, as well as something at slip inn