Kouki - My Body (Radio Cut)

LabRat

1 hour ago, Cupe said:

How does uploading to Spotify work @LabRat?

Like do you handle it or do you send it through as label or what?

Few different ways to do it but the easiest way now is to go though distribution platforms like Tunecore, Distrokid, CD Baby etc. It was a bit complicated to set up a proper label when I was going though those hoops with Trump'd (I was in the process of registering with Label Works) but since I scrapped that idea I'm only really putting my own music out I decided to use Distrokid. Some platforms, like Distrokid, don't upload to some places like Beatport so if you wanna put your music everywhere like that you just need to do the research to see which one works for you. They all take different percentages and have different fees too 

18 hours ago, LabRat said:

Few different ways to do it but the easiest way now is to go though distribution platforms like Tunecore, Distrokid, CD Baby etc. It was a bit complicated to set up a proper label when I was going though those hoops with Trump'd (I was in the process of registering with Label Works) but since I scrapped that idea I'm only really putting my own music out I decided to use Distrokid. Some platforms, like Distrokid, don't upload to some places like Beatport so if you wanna put your music everywhere like that you just need to do the research to see which one works for you. They all take different percentages and have different fees too 

Interesting. How much shit do you reckon you had to do to get on Spotify?

I have a fucking enormous original catalogue and it'd be interesting to have people hear it for a change.