Hello hello

handle_onit

Hi, 

I was motivated to join up because i've long had tech talks to myself and I'm looking to update my kit a little in the next few weeks. I'm rocking three 1200's (with one spare), four channel Denon X1100 analogue mixer and an XDJ RX mk1 - not at the same time. The XDJ has been my first proper introduction to navigating Pioneer and invaluable in so much as portability. Previously, I was keen to retain the moving platter vibe (which involved a dalliance with a Traktor DVS for a while but I got burnt playing a gig and lost the love).

DJ'd in Melbourne starting in 2000, had a long run in regional NSW (which strangely paid better but the catch was there were no DJ booths or decent PA). Cut my teeth with minimal house, tech house and breaks in the 00's and then got deep into soul, funk, disco when up in the sticks doing breweries and weddings in the 10's. I've culled many records, still in the process, but retaining what I personally consider gold that I can listen to at home or play out. 

After lockdown in Melbourne I've decided that DJing, the gigs and the people invigorate my soul, central to my wellbeing and I want to invest more mastery time into the craft. Particularly with turntables and learning outboard effects. I'll be posting soon with my thoughts as to what I am thinking of doing and welcome suggestions from those who are learned in the ways of DJing with a tweaky difference. I may produce one day but there are too many good tracks out there to muddy the waters with meagre offerings. I will however start collecting samples with haste!

• 2 weeks later...