Mixer help

DEEFLO

Hi ppls,

I am coming back into the DJ scene but my equipment(s) has been phased out.  Just wanting to get some suggestions and help with upgrading my mixer.  Preferably with built in Serato. 

I currently have a Rane empath mixer Grandmaster Flash signature edition 3-Ch hooked with 2x Technics SL1200 turntables.  I am looking to upgrade as my old serato audio interface and software is incompatible now.

My question is:

1) What is a recommended mixer with built-in Serato that can still allow me to use my decks and won't break the bank?  I have been looking at Numark Scratch 24-Bit 2-Ch Scratch Mixer w/ Innofader & Serato DJ Pro and Pioneer DJMS3 Scratch-Style 2-Channel DJ Mixer for Serato DJ Pro as the prices are pretty good.  Any experience stories is appreciated.

2) How much can I sell my Rane empath grandmaster flash signature edition mixer for?

3) Can I still sell my Serato SL1 box? (I know it's a dinosaur LOL) 

4) Will I still be able to use my Serato control vinyls or I will need to buy new ones?

Hope to get some help and guides as I tried searching online but havn't found much information to answer my questions.  I figured it's better to ask the people in the industry.

Holla!

Firstly, welcome to ADJF :safe: 

To answer each question:

1) Have used neither of those mixers, but they appear to be the cheapest ones with Serato DVS support inbuilt so either appear the most economical way to go. Doesn't look like there are any Serato interfaces like the SL1-4 still in active production, so only other alternative to what you've already mentioned (or a more expensive mixer again) I can think of would be to keep your current mixer and use Traktor for DVS (can get an interface with the control vinyl and software for just under $450).

2) Hard to say. Can't find any that have sold in Australia recently, but potentially several hundred dollars at a pure guess (assuming there's a willing buyer out there for it).

3) Probably not worth much/anything due to it now being obsolete.

4) I believe you should be able to keep using the same ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank for the reply Mitch.  I'm waaaaay out of date as you can see haha 

I was thinking if I can sell my mixer to help fund a new mixer.  The 2 mixer I've mentioned are on the lower end as my budget isn't high.  I will def have a look into getting a Traktor for DVS. I am looking for Serato mainly coz I have 4 control vinyls and don't know what to do with them if I'm not using Serato.

I have been searching all over the internet but like you said, there isn't much info or anyone even selling this mixer.  

Yeah and especially my Serato audio interface is a SL1 which I doubt anyone is even using one nowadays. But I did see on Ebay a few selling at some unrealistic price. Like a few hundred dollars. Which is crazy... 

Sounds like I just have to forget about selling the old gear and just get with the times haha

Cheers for the help man!

• 4 weeks later...

man i remember drooling over the empaths when they came out. they were a great looking mixer (and they came in a rotary edition.)

I miss the old Serato.. was SOOO stable and didn't try to be to fancy, great for a vinyl guy like me. think i still have my SL1 in a box somewhere, i upgraded to tracktor when Pioneer became certified, but i never gelled with it, always seamed way more busy that it needed to be and had 1000s of features i was never going to use :P (its also now sitting in box somewhere)

sort of glad i never bought a system that integrated the mixer and the DVS

Now i play for myself and my vinyl collection. so i only have a 2 channel vestax mixer (Pcm-25) and i love it :P