new here, what to get

siker

hey guys im new here and wanting to start getting into djing be though before i go and spend bigbucks on a sound set up that i should just get one of the two below:

http://www.djwarehouse.com.au/djgear/dj-packs/digital-dj-packs/reloop-rmp1-serato-pack.html

http://www.djwarehouse.com.au/djgear/dj-packs/digital-dj-packs/stanton-dj-lab-2-1-serato-pack.html

any info on what extra i would need from those packs for just having a go through head phones in my room would really heap as its all really confusing, i got a mate who dj's but he's busy with other gigs at the moment so any suggestions would be a great help.

cheers, brad

Welcome.. please post in the introduction section..

and on the packs depends what music you like, how you want to mix and all that whats your price limit?

if your into hip hop, rnb, scratching it be the stanton dj pack

and if your into the dance, trance, dub, hardcore, hardstyle whatever stuff like that you'd go the reloops... but we need to know a lot more before we can help you more and pick whats right. :]

aiight so move this to the introduction section orr? introduce my self? sorry thats sounded dumb but im confused cheers,

and um im into both of those types of music... soo? i want to go from here to mobile djing witch would then be like pop and crap and my mate that djs now is gonna help me with the sound and stuff but yeah, any suggestions?

what do you want to know?

if i was you i'd go Cd players.. so either the CDJ 400's onwards.. so .. 400's 800's 1000's 900's 2000's i think thats the order i prob missed a few depends on budget.

recommending them also because if you want to mobile dj, its a lot easier to carrier around usb's and cd's then to carry loads of vinyl or you can get a "DVS" (digital vinyl system) google/search Serato scratch live, traktor scratch Audio 2, 4 or 8..

its like a soundcard where you plug your decks in and the soundcard into your laptop/computer via usb and you can just drag and drop songs into the software provided and it will load in decks with the use of time coded vinyls/cd's

how much you willing to spend?

if you like scratching the stanton pack should do

i've had one with oldschool shitty t80's and it's dope. they normally have better decks now i think

anyway you can scratch on them and they can mix as well so they work if you're on a budget.

yeah thanks, i was kinda hoping to stick witch digital? as this is what my mate sujested? umm whats the deal with this, plus minus's of it? i dont really wan tot have to spend a heap on vinyl or cds so yea cheers guys its really confusing me, and not iv looked a bit more into i cant seem to see what the digital does? thanks

brad,

ive already explained..

recommending them also because if you want to mobile dj, its a lot easier to carrier around usb's and cd's then to carry loads of vinyl or you can get a "DVS" (digital vinyl system) google/search Serato scratch live, traktor scratch Audio 2, 4 or 8..

its like a soundcard where you plug your decks in and the soundcard into your laptop/computer via usb and you can just drag and drop songs into the software provided and it will load in decks with the use of time coded vinyls/cd's

2-2.5 k just for the dj gear? so that includes 2 cdplayers/turntables mixers and headphones?

OR do you also want monitors(speakers) too?

o yeah sorry man didn't see this. yeah thats with out sound gear

alright so i think what im looking for is digital vinyl system can anyone suggest some stuff? cheers

if you already have a decent laptop then maybe dvs is the way to go. that stanton pack+serato would surfice.

but yeh ide go with that cdj 400's with the xone 42 pack

and some cheap sehnheiser headphones for like $100

and them behringer ms20 monitors for $150

then maybe save for some turntables to add to the rig to fill the free channels.

alright so after having a look at technics i really like them but am still not convinced because of price. so im trying to decide between geting this: http://www.djwarehouse.com.au/djgear/dj ... -pack.html

or technincs 1200's($1120each), a mixer, and Serato Scratch Live SL3 Digital DJ System ($ 895)

so what mixer would you guys sugest, this being on a bit of a budget?