New laptop

Cupe

mac lol yeah day i use a mac is the day that I am buried with that mac lol

I build computers for a living and will never touch a mac

if you want things done then a pc is the best way to go

(As long as its NOT used in the illegal use in Djing as it is illegal in Australia to use a computer for Djing)

So at home then who cares....

tekstepa

its not that there available

if they had dvd writers do you steal movies from a video library ?

so all I will say is if these Dj's get caught doing it ILLEGALLY then they will get what they deserve and get what they deserve for doing the illegal way

I never have used a computer at a gig EVER

at home then yes thats my problem

if you dont know then I think you should read whats legal and whats not!!

www.ppca.com.au (all dj licences)

www.mipi.com.au (that explains what you can do and what you cant do)

have a nice day

Caleupe wasnt at you ok

i feel passionate about dj's that steal

will have to do some articles so all can see we are in danger as this will get worse b4 it gets better

also Caleupe you can call me direct *phone number removed by admin

about what where ans details on whats the best laptop out (I do computer tech 24/7)

I work at a shop lol

and it depends what you need it for and how much $$$$ you want to spend!

hope it helps :)

I never have used a computer at a gig EVER

at home then yes thats my problem

if you dont know then I think you should read whats legal and whats not!!

www.ppca.com.au (all dj licences)

www.mipi.com.au (that explains what you can do and what you cant do)

have a nice day

mate you continue on this illegality discussion. We get it, but you say you don't use a comp at a gig, what about CD players? where are you getting the music on these CD's? isn't their a disclaimer on all CD's just like there is on Itunes etc, and also on many vinyl records...

So Dj's can't play anything...is that it?

Again I say this as a bedroom Dj so I haven't played out, I don't want this to turn into a mad arguement, but it is annoying to see every reply from you stating "Illegal/Illegal/Illegal!!!!!"

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Why not use XP on a mac like i do now.

I"ve had 3 laptops since ive been Djing and from my experience Vista Sucks well leave it at that.

I started with a HP touch screen notebook was ok but had vista installed and kept glitching so had that replaced with a new one.

Wen't onto a Acer Travel Mate with XP installed which was great and used that at all my mobile Gigs, but over Christmas holidays when i was in Singapore it crashed and yet again needed a new laptop.

Finaly the MACBOOK every DJS dream computer. I bought it while i was over in Singapore. Its a hole different world of djing. The cpu meter on Traktor DJ studio doesn't even budge. I use XP on it using bootcamp which comes with the latest leopard software.

I wouldnt run Vista for Music either.

I run a IT consultancy business in the city (sydney) and I work on all types of platforms and hardware.

As far as I have seen, there isnt anything a mac can do that a PC wont. Good dual core intel processors and a shit load of ram and it SHOULD keep up with any mac.

However, this is only MY opinion. And we all know that we are entitled to our own :D

mac lol yeah day i use a mac is the day that I am buried with that mac lol

I build computers for a living and will never touch a mac

if you want things done then a pc is the best way to go

(As long as its NOT used in the illegal use in Djing as it is illegal in Australia to use a computer for Djing)

So at home then who cares....

But have you noticed that there is no dedicated mac repair centres, most of them are PC (Windows) repair shops. That says something about the mac's reliability.

And with the use of laptops while Djing live or battling a laptop is becoming more accepted with the use of Traktor or Serato in place of mountains of records or CD’s.

Peace

Weddas

i just bithced to our IT guys so they replaced my patched up 5 year old computer with another one, which by coincidence is the same computer my hard drive came from 4 years ago when that one died.

we're on a serious money saving drive in this place, never mind that the consulting time I lose to laptop issues would pay for a new laptop in about 5 days.