Single turntable for scratching

JonnyB

going on dudes, my mate has just given me his old 4 channel djx 700 , so im thinking about gettign a single turntable to practice scratching ove my cdj mixing. what is the bar minimum for scratching as far as the cheapest turntable i can get that will allow me to do so :)

i plan on using it for scratching only, not playing music. never used turntables before so i dont know exactly how it works i just thought the platter is constantly spinning and the slipmat does all the work. but i see what you mean now after watching some vids. so are 1200's the cheapest i could get for the job that needs to be done?

look for a used 1200/1210

maybe stanton st-150/ str8150 even a 120?

you will find heaps of cheap turntables on the net but if you wanna scratch you will prob have to fork out a lil more for a tt' with some torque, pretty sure american audio make one that is cheap and virtually a stanton st-150, try look for a tt with atleast 4.5kg of torque?

somthing like that????????

thats what im saying though the 1200s dont have 4.5 torque and ppl have no probs scratching on those. so i dont think thats a requirement more a nice to have.

jonny that tt you found has no pitch control. which is no biggie for scratching but in case you wanted it.

yeah the american audio or citronic super OEMs are quite cheap. prob is always seems to be sold as pairs.

you could also go the lower torque direct drive stantons.

whats yer budget? im usually lurking ebay

same guts not quite the same, the st-150's are more robust and have more features you wont use. and brand new come loaded.

note that one is second hand hence half the price of a new st150.

but yeah if you can get a cheap second hand american audio or citronic or reloop super OEM go it.

same guts not quite the same, the st-150's are more robust and have more features you wont use. and brand new come loaded.

note that one is second hand hence half the price of a new st150.

but yeah if you can get a cheap second hand american audio or citronic or reloop super OEM go it.

American audios regularly sell for around $100 on ebay, just have to be a bit patient. I recently missed one that went for $52.50, only thing it claimed was wrong was a broken target light