Trying to find the right software?

DJKIMBO

Hey all,

Yes I am a newbie. I couldn't find a post that answered my query, so hopefully there isn't.

I am not only interested in starting up DJing, but I am mostly interested in making my own songs. I already have musical knowledge (I play piano).

I love alllll dance music, but I am especially fond of Trance.

I wanted to know if anyone knows of a good program I can use to make songs. One that actually stocks sounds and effects already, similiar to those you hear in most dance and/or trance songs. And an added bonus if you are able to plug a keyboard and/or DJ equipment through the computer and use with the software.

So basically it means I can record everything through the program, music, voice etc. And then edit the sounds or make sounds from the stock effects and sounds the program has.

I hope that makes sense? Any help would be much appreciated! I have a MAC by the way. Cheers :)

Kimbo

Demos are you friend :)

Check here

http://www.ausdjforums.com/modules.php? ... eA&show=10

or google whatever software your after and put demo on the end.

What your asking for is a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) and they basically all do the same thing in different ways (although some strong points like MIDI capabilities n shit) but it all comes down to what suits you, so test drive that shizzle :D

Here a some names of some DAW's

FL studio(PC only)

Ableton live(mac and PC, also has live mixing capabilities)

Logic pro(mac only)

AcidPro

Reason(great program, but limits the amount of external software you can use with it (e.g you have to use the synths and effects that come with the program, you cant use anything outside of the program e.g MAssive by NI(a very powerfull synth), Albino3 (another powerfull synth) and all effects(like compressors, reverb, echo's, eq's, limitiers and so on)

al these are diffrent but the end result will still be the same, they all make music, and in the end its what you find the most comfortable to work with.

so like chev said. Go get some demo's before you decide which full version you want.

and just a little heads up with producing(i guess the same goes with djing) its going to take time and alot of hours to get to wear you want to be. its just like picking up a new sport. you see the pro's doing there thing and you want to be like them. so you go and start practising, and if its something youve never done before, its not going to take just a few months to get there. it takes time and practise.

and like ive seen with a few people, 2 months in they cant construct a track that they like or make a full length track and they get pissed off at them selves and they quit.

just make sure you dont :) haha