I want a new mixer

lloydc

what would you buy if you were running traktor scratch?

At the moment i'm running an analogue mixer, but would like something with decent effects on the mixer itself rather than using the internal stuff within traktor.

A traktor certified mixer would be an advantage, but really not essential.

I'm just interested to hear what members of this forum would purchase, given the range of new hi-tech mixer that are available now.

don't think you have a huge choice there as there are only a few certified mixers.

mackie D4 if you could find one

korg zero4 had great fx but is no longer supporter properly. zero8 was more aimed at producers but still does the job.

The ecler evo line is probably your best bet for those spec.

xone 4d has no effects.

or look for seperate units. eg djm800 for mixer/effects and x1 for the controls (and audio4/8 as well).

don't think you have a huge choice there as there are only a few certified mixers.

mackie D4 if you could find one

korg zero4 had great fx but is no longer supporter properly. zero8 was more aimed at producers but still does the job.

The ecler evo line is probably your best bet for those spec.

xone 4d has no effects.

or look for seperate units. eg djm800 for mixer/effects and x1 for the controls (and audio4/8 as well).

it doesn't have to be traktor certified.... the only advantage in this would be that I don't have as many cables and the audio 8 laying around.

I didn't even think of the ecler, thanks for that.

I already have an X1 for controls, and it is awesome.

I wouldn't buy a DJM800, it's old news... the 2000 would be the way forward

wait you say you are trying to stay clear of the traktor effects, then you dont need certification right?

i like the ecler mixers but they expensive. there was one of their models that just went discontinued that i really liked (dont remember the name Nuo something maybe).

but yeah other than that A&H if your preference is sound, or Pioneer if your preference is options and standards.

wait you say you are trying to stay clear of the traktor effects, then you dont need certification right?

i like the ecler mixers but they expensive. there was one of their models that just went discontinued that i really liked (dont remember the name Nuo something maybe).

but yeah other than that A&H if your preference is sound, or Pioneer if your preference is options and standards.

I'd rather use filters/flangers/etc on the actual mixer.... but yeah I don't need certification. The only advantage would be a neater desk (less cables etc)

The ecler evo 5 looks awesome, but it seems like most places don't sell them any more.

I liked the 4D, but if it has no effects, i'm not interested.

Does anyone know when the new A&H mixer is released?

oh i gets you, you dont want the certification to control the internal effects via mixer, you want the cert so no sound card. cool

sorry, yeah thats what I meant.

wonder if that rane sixety eight mixer would be worth the coin.... serato being a free d/l and all :)

umm we use djm 800 but yea thats so old now, whats your price range?? ive only ever used pioneer (350, 600 and 800).

Make sure you get a mixer that can record to USB, i basically have to take in my mixer all the time now purely for that, the recording is high quality WAV and is so convienient

oh yea for that sort of coin you mite as well get the djm 2000 its on sale at the moment. Im biased to pioneer as its what ive been taught on/used and is the industry standard though

http://www.storedj.com.au/products/PIO- ... pAodhW69nA

after raving on about how nice the record to usb feature is on my 350 i dont actually think the 2000 has that, unless im missing something

oh yea for that sort of coin you mite as well get the djm 2000 its on sale at the moment. Im biased to pioneer as its what ive been taught on/used and is the industry standard though

http://www.storedj.com.au/products/PIO- ... pAodhW69nA

after raving on about how nice the record to usb feature is on my 350 i dont actually think the 2000 has that, unless im missing something

I can record through traktor and the audio8, but i do agree that it is a nice feature.

I'd sorta edging toward the djm2000, mainly for it's effects processor. Hopefully it'll be a similar price in a few weeks when i'm ready to take the plunge.

I should probably sell my existing mixer first

From the info about the DJM2000:

For additional convenience, the MASTER output can be connected directly to a computer for recording(*6) of performances.

*6 - CD-ROM included. The USB audio interface function can be used after software is installed on the computer.

So while you can't record directly to a USB stick, it does allow you to digitally record your set.

If your running Traktor then the DNX1600.

Not being biased :D but this machine is the dog bollix when it comes to Traktor - i did training on this machine around Australia with our dealers and this unit is by far superior in terms of functionality, sound quality and feature base!

Plus the unit is cheaper than Pioneer and comes with a 2 year warranty!

Go into Store DJ and chat to the guys as they have it set up in store running with Traktor.

If your running Traktor then the DNX1600.

Not being biased :D but this machine is the dog bollix when it comes to Traktor - i did training on this machine around Australia with our dealers and this unit is by far superior in terms of functionality, sound quality and feature base!

Plus the unit is cheaper than Pioneer and comes with a 2 year warranty!

Go into Store DJ and chat to the guys as they have it set up in store running with Traktor.

I'll have a look at that as well... is there any advantage in the 1700 over the 1600?

Personally, I prefer the DNX1700 over the DNX1600 now that the firmware has being upgraded as it has a bigger and better screen, each pot is illuminated (fantastic when switching between Midi mode and normal mode if you change your settings), the dual effects mean more creativity when mixing etc.

Store DJ in Sydney has both mixers, go in and chat to Ben and have a play on them and see which one is going to:

a) suit your DJ requirments

B) fit your budget

Always try before you buy and alwasy buy (anything) that fits your requirements (not anybody else's) and you budget.

Personally, I prefer the DNX1700 over the DNX1600 now that the firmware has being upgraded as it has a bigger and better screen, each pot is illuminated (fantastic when switching between Midi mode and normal mode if you change your settings), the dual effects mean more creativity when mixing etc.

Store DJ in Sydney has both mixers, go in and chat to Ben and have a play on them and see which one is going to:

a) suit your DJ requirments

B) fit your budget

Always try before you buy and alwasy buy (anything) that fits your requirements (not anybody else's) and you budget.

thats good advice...

Is ben the younger bloke that works there who is a traktor guru?

• 2 weeks later...