join the 4d club

tubby

4D is by far the best MIDI controller in the world and best quality mixer.

Pioneer is the best for clubs though, I've used it a few times n its pretty mad. You cant realy compare the two in the end, they are both aimed at different types of mixing.

I have them mapped in tracktor to do slow track search, scratch and fast search depending on what other button I hold down. They can work kind of like cdj's but they are too small to be good at that.

ok. im just wondering if serato supports 4 tracks at one time... if so i would definitely pick one of these up and flip the 57sl

if you were doing that you might as well get the mixer of your choice and the midi controllet of choice. half the attraction of the 4d is the built in soundcard, but with serato you need their soundcard as the dongle.

get a xone 92, 2* 1d or any such combination, more flexible

if you were doing that you might as well get the mixer of your choice and the midi controllet of choice. half the attraction of the 4d is the built in soundcard, but with serato you need their soundcard as the dongle.

get a xone 92, 2* 1d or any such combination, more flexible

seems like an expensive venture. how does the xone dx compare? ive read jog that the jog wheels can be mapped to function like cdjs

I'm curious why you'd want to map jog wheels to act like cdj's? I mean if you're using a DVS system with TT's or CDJ's, why not just use them?

I'm guessing it's a mobile thing, and its to save you lugging around stuff?

ive got tts. but with the xone dx, you can support 4 channels, i have a pair of cdj200s but if i could get a mixer with the basic cdj functions built in then i have the option of using the jog wheels for transitions when my tts arent loaded with control vinyls. thus removing the need for having cdjs at all.

kyle what you are saying is possible and a very good idea, i.e. 2TT's controlling 2 decks, and the Xone 4D jogs controlling the other 2, and since it it is TSP certified you dont need an Audio 8 either (or so i think??).

not too mention its fully mappable so you can hotkey pretty much much every function you will ever need. i.e. never touch the keyboard, just the TT's and the 4D

EDIT: oh just realised you already have serato so dont care about the audio 8 thang

kyle what you are saying is possible and a very good idea, i.e. 2TT's controlling 2 decks, and the Xone 4D jogs controlling the other 2, and since it it is TSP certified you dont need an Audio 8 either (or so i think??).

not too mention its fully mappable so you can hotkey pretty much much every function you will ever need. i.e. never touch the keyboard, just the TT's and the 4D

EDIT: oh just realised you already have serato so dont care about the audio 8 thang

i have a ttm57sl so i dont have a serato box. 4d+serato would be too pricey. where as the xone dx can connect straight to serato itch...am i right?