Sound cards

Bonz

Hey guys,

Im looking at the NI Audio 4 DJ and the Audio 8 DJ sound card.

Been full time DAW so just starting out with hardware and was wondering which would suit me best.

Keep in mind midi keyboard / dj gear / monitors.

Also since the sound cards are powered by USB, does that generally mean american hardware should work as well?

Thanks in advance.

Audio 4 sound card is a 2 channel unit and the Audio 8 is a 4 channel. Really comes down to how many channels you will be using. Pretty sure they preform the same, the only difference is how many channels they have.

In saying that, if you only need 2 channels I would still probably go for the Audio 8, you may never know when your circumstances change and you need 3-4 channels. If you get the Audio 8 now it will save the drama of updating later on down the track if need be.

both sound cards you mentioned are the same really, just one has more channels.

buying from the US is fine, since they all are USB powered

Think about waiting till the new version of traktor comes out and buy traktor scratch because they come with the new audio10 sound card. Only reason i mention this is because buying the sound card on its own and the full traktor package is/was about the same price.

Audio 4 sound card is a 2 channel unit and the Audio 8 is a 4 channel. Really comes down to how many channels you will be using. Pretty sure they preform the same, the only difference is how many channels they have.

In saying that, if you only need 2 channels I would still probably go for the Audio 8, you may never know when your circumstances change and you need 3-4 channels. If you get the Audio 8 now it will save the drama of updating later on down the track if need be.

Yeh thats what i was thinking. Ive seen how quick people can accumulate gear.

both sound cards you mentioned are the same really, just one has more channels.

buying from the US is fine, since they all are USB powered

Think about waiting till the new version of traktor comes out and buy traktor scratch because they come with the new audio10 sound card. Only reason i mention this is because buying the sound card on its own and the full traktor package is/was about the same price.

Right on, do u have an idea when the new traktor is dropping?

sounds like a good deal!

i think the new traktor comes on 1st of April.

right on, may be worth the wait...

Audio 4 has 2 ins 2 outs.

Audio 8 has 4 ins 4 outs.

each in and out is 2 "channels" being for left and right. If you run in mono then yes technically you can run 4 devices thru the audio 4

Thanks for clearing that up eggsell.

audio 8 it is then.

im not sure if this is allowed on this forum...forgive me if its not, but does anyone know of any dj stores in america??

unless you plan on robbing them or doing smething illegal its all good.

i only know turntable lab in the US.

UK got juno records which i hear are good (never bought myself).

haha guess im in the clear.

turntable lab, u ever bought from them before?

struggling to get the audio 8 dj card off ebay...no one wants to ship to AUS.

Im not sure what an Audio 8 is worth by itself, but I'm sure it would be pricey. Maybe worth looking for a second hand Traktor Scratch Pro kit on ebay, gumtree etc. You should be able to find on pretty cheap.

couple of hundred for the audio 8 used n yeh ebay n forums are you best bet

Im not sure what an Audio 8 is worth by itself, but I'm sure it would be pricey. Maybe worth looking for a second hand Traktor Scratch Pro kit on ebay, gumtree etc. You should be able to find one pretty cheap.

struggle st....

Im not sure what an Audio 8 is worth by itself, but I'm sure it would be pricey. Maybe worth looking for a second hand Traktor Scratch Pro kit on ebay, gumtree etc. You should be able to find on pretty cheap.

couple of hundred for the audio 8 used n yeh ebay n forums are you best bet

True...anyone seen it floating around any forums lately??

I have seen a few Traktor Scratch Pro kits around. Will try find links for you. I only seen them the other day.

Thanks heaps Hob, appreciate it.

Yeh see some used traktor sets popping up occasionally, will see alot more once thr new traktor is released

was watching an audio 8 only on eBay n it ended for around $300

Ah right on! was that australian or american ebay...

coz i cant seem to find any on aus ebay...

yes ill be hittin traktor soon enuf...

Its probably not worth me running the audio 8 with RCA's instead of XLR's.

Just found out it doesnt have any XLR outputs for monitors...

Can anyone lead me in the right direction???

got reccommended the Motu UltraLite MK3 Hybrid....quite pricey tho.