gameboy - swiss preview

JonnyB

ill leave out the "like it, good stuff" shit u mentioned

Only just starting to get into some Step now but honestly im not a fan of the wobbles after the build at :50 till about 1:12, needs something extra,but after that it sounds so sweet with the syths n shit coming in, alot more original n less DUb standard, and the second break down just has alot more going for it in my opinion, love the sound at 2:20, sound like a jack in the box laughing...kinda eery...just my preference

other then that man

cool, nice track etc etc.

thanks for the feedback man, much apreciated.

yeah i tend to put more effort into my second drops as if the second drop is just a loop of th first drop or has lesss going on, i find a track seems to loose its energy fast. so i make my second drops more interesting.

thanks. + rep

no worries man :)

yeh i understand that, build the track to the end...start of the 1st drop just needs a lil something else n it will be wack!

its hell funky at 1:12

with the name "gameboy" were you going for that old game music? cause it really does sound like something from sega days :P some like megaman music :lol: like when mau5 did the whole zelda thing

that swing/shuffle feel that starts kicking in about half way through the drop feels a bit out of place to me for some reason. the rhythm of the bass and synth though are heaps badass, just experiment a bit more with that section I reckon so it flows in to and out of better. the rest of the drops were sick though.

also, the way the bass drum volume is suddenly cranked up during the last 4 bars of the build was way too abrupt and becomes a bit too dominant.

intro and outro sections are definitely my favourite, theyre sick the way they are.

• 1 month later...

yo. like it man, finish it up. yeah i see the gameboy sound and love it.

i think i know what street means, does the tempo change when you drop at 2.11? the sounds are awesome but it just seemed to slow down. the first part is very 2steppy, then the change up of sound with tempo seems a bit off.

if intentional maybe a second of silence? i dont know. but finish this just for the gameboy sound alone ha ha

on third listen now, not so bad, maybe cuz im expecting it

yeah it may seem reletively slow to the rest of the track, its made so basically to be link between drumstep and dubstep as the first half of the track is at a slow drumstep pass and the second drop is at your stock standard 140bpm dubstep