record store day 16 April 2020

eggssell

heyup for all the vinyl users or even just the lovers. its record store day tomorrow. various places are doing thangs. i know obese out at prahran is doing 15% off heaps. record store in syd is doing scratch battles (i think) or something.

also its a worldwide event so theres apparently a lot of new releases dropping just for the day.

check yer local 3D world streetrag and it has some deets of participants, but it also lists out all the records stores in each city. i didnt realise how many was in syd, but i guess not all do edm or hip hop.

in the same vein. any sydney peeps, jb chatty just upped their vinyl game. they use to have one little stand and now have three. maybe not to the levels of world square, but aiight.

im actually changing my feeling in buying vinyl, at least for more mainstream releases because the full lengths now come w/ digital download and its not that much more expensive. $5-10.

i still wouldnt constantly buy $20 12 inches though.

homie swung by tonight. he brought over some of his vinyl thats been living at his mums house.

farking classics.

doc - no one can do it better - full length

redhead kingpin - do the right thing/ pump it hottie - double a 12"

grandmaster dst mixing herbie hancocks future shock album-so not just rockit

a couple de la souls

and a few more like wham rap hahahah

got me thinking i should ask all the old gang to raid their parents house and give me their stashes.

hmmm some of the things in that article are nonsensical.

vinyl will never die nor with turntables. im sure i posted it up in the technics are dead thread.

FYI, I never read the article. I just saw a record day thread here and though i'd link you guys to the article in question.