Port Fowarding

Jaz

nah still got the shit belkin, my net is shit enough as it is but when you have 3 laptops and a ps3 in the house running off it its like fuckin dial up....

n i couldnt give a shit if my laptop is slow but nothing is worse then lag when your playing games online, pisses me off so much

belkin are THE WORST possible brand of router you can buy, pos quality, buggy firmware, shit everything. I have also had loads of problems with D-Link as well both at work (randomly losing settings and auto factory resetting for no reason, buggy firmware) plus they have limited to no features

i recommend linksys (cisco consumer brand) and nothing else

-top quality build

-stable, tested firmware

-some features you would find on commercial cisco models (QoS, MAC filtering)

yeah its fucked, sometimes i feel like cutting my balls of it's so shitty.

When you put an ip address in the DMZ zone, (for people that don't know) it means that there is NO firewall on that ip address. supposedly it's meant to be exempt from all the bs on the router.

Guess what? my xbox still gets strict NAT even when i put it's ip address in there.

thats true fackedd, it stands for de-militarized-zone

i wouoldnt be surprised if the belkin just cant handle/understand such a simple setting like that its bugging out and not working properly. Last and only belkin i had used to de-sync and drop internet when ANY wifi unit tried to connect to it, and it used to freeze up and have to factory reset it when torrenting because it coulndt handle the data flow

i have a belkin and it's like 10 years old LAWL

i turned the router firewall off, piece of shit

anyway you need to put ports in the virtual servers for it to properly bypass all the restrictions

i have 2 pc's and my ps3 and iphone networked