Record your set with s/Card midi controller + Traktor

CapFive

ok guys, i just figured out how to record my set using only my Hercules RMX with a bit of re-routing...

so here are the tools your going to need first...:

- Your speakers must be P.A style with 1/4" Jack to plug into the mixer (the bigger one is the 1/4")

6.35mm-1-4-jack-to-3.5mm-mini-jack-stereo-lead-cable-3m-406-p.jpg

- 3.5mm - RCA cable, both male And female (male set if the left ones, female set is the right ones)

CBL-2RCAT3M5_1.jpgCABLE-Audio-Y-Splitter-2-RCA-Male-to-1-3-5mm-Female-Cwholesale.jpg

- mic/line in on your computer. (watch the video below on how to set up to record off audacity)

1. first off, you need to plug in and set up all the settings on your midi controller, if it has ASIO i usually don't use this setting, as i find slower computer don't like using ASIO with traktor (it makes them cry :cry:)

2. once that's done head into traktor and select the audio setting appropriate to the picture below:

audiosettings.jpg

this will make alot more sense with the picture in step 3

3. Plug in all the cables as seen in the picture.

rmxrec.jpg

The RCA that goes into 1-2 plugs into you line/mic in and the female rca plugs into 3-4 and then your headphones go into that female 3.5mm plug

4. once your all plugged in and ready to record, rip up a set and upload it for us to hear!

i think your missing the point here man, you use audacity to record using CDJ's or TT's without mixing software...if your using a midi controller your gonna be using mixing software like VDJ or serato or traktor, why not just record threw them?

They software will just record all the music coming from its master channel

and as for what u said up there ^ just think of it as a signal running on a line like this:

pick song in software, song info runs from computer to midi controller whilst still staying active in the software, midi controller controller does its thang, software just records its master output

Traktor and serato are a little more complex at recording but i assume u got VDJ with the RMX?

Its the easier thing ive ever recorded with, just press record, do your thang, press stop, press save

mic%20record.jpg

^ i heart traktor. nice 1 caps.

i did that jun mixtape comp entry on my hercules steel using traktor and a NI8. audio from NI8 to my headphones... traktor recording internally as explained above...

mix is rushed and rubbish but sound quality tight....enjoying your mix man, you got my vote.

I heart itch now tho ;)