finally switched to mac, need help.

fackedd

my pc cut out on me twice on my sunday night gig so I have had enough lol, granted it was a shitty $350 budget pc.... but still.

anyway ordered a refurbished i5 mac when i got home, so it should arrive by tuesday or wednesday. So i've never used a mac before so i'm a complete noob and this laptop will be used purely for dj'ing is there any videos / information i should watch and read to learn how to use it? also do I need to optimize it in anyway for live dj'ing?

cheers.

I just did same thing from pc to mac about 4 weeks ago, have an i5 refurb too so swap tips back if you get any ey?

dont know if you use itunes on pc but this really helped me transfer everything from pc itunes to mac (including playlists and comments etc)

http://lifehacker.com/242468/geek-to-li ... c-and-back

also for audio: you can plug and play but for guaranteed live stability disable - time machine, bluetooth, dashboard, remote control and when actually playing turn off airport.

everything else will be done in whatevr software you use.

one tip i like: coz i'm a big fan of having a right button on my pc mouse i set the bottom left hand corner of my mac trackpad to act as a right button. go to system preferences/trackpad and set secondary click to be bottom right corner.

yeah man already disabled all that stuff from checking out some other threads.

AND DUDE.... thanks so much about the right click thing haha, I was having a hard time adjusting to hold down control or command or whatever to act as a right click.

as a whole i like the trackpad, especially with this info you just gave me. Seems to be very customisable as in it can tell how many fingers you have on it to perform different commands ect ect.

cheers boss.