M-Audio Axiom Midi controllers

Tomy

Axiom_49_v2008.jpg

I had a look at one of these the other day, i'm quite impressed on how the keys felt.... really nice touch. Plenty of features too. Comes in 25, 49 or 61 key length.

49-key velocity-sensitive semi-weighted action keyboard with assignable aftertouch

8 trigger pads, 8 rotary encoders, 9 sliders, 15 buttons (including 6 reassignable transport buttons)

15 function buttons and backlit LCD screen for total front-panel programming

built-in USB bus-powered MIDI interface including standard MIDI In and Out jacks

20 non-volatile memory locations; compatible with free Enigma librarian/editor software

You can read the rest here

yeh i really like the feel of the novation also... and they have that wicked feature on them, not sure what model it is but its a nob and you just hoover the mouse over anything and the move the nob and its assigned... so simple... rad feature. i'll try to find it and post it up.

i've been loking at getting the novation 25

I have a novation ReMOTE SL25, definately best product for its price, it has extremely nice feel and automap is a fairly useful tool.

Axioms have nowhere near as many features and the sample pads are useless and just take up room.

Chev.

awesome someone who actually has one, how have you got the xy pad setup-what program are you using your controller with

I use it with ableton live 8, I have the pad assigned usually to a filter but you can use it with any effect reaaly and go crazy, you can also assign it to be pitch/modulation it you don't like the joystick.

Chev.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yeah go on to the apple website....they have the 25 key for $250.

i was originally going to get one, but a mate of mine who does some production says 25 key is kinda useless and suggested i look at the novation keyboards instead.....anyone got any thoughts?

yeh 25 keys is a little bit limiting. i'd go for 49key min. The novations are really good and have some good features but it comes at a price. Comes down to personal preferance in the end, you dont need to have what every one else has to create music. Limitation forces creativity.

• 1 month later...