Mac Heads - Snow Leopard

LabRat

And to tell if logic is running in 32-bit mode:

You can switch between 32-bit and 64-bit mode following these steps:

1. Quit Logic Pro or MainStage if it is running.

2. Navigate to the Logic Pro or MainStage application in the Applications folder.

3. Choose Get Info from the Finder File menu.

3. Disable the option to "Open in 32-bit mode" to open in 64-bit mode. Enable it to open in 32-bit mode

when you hit more info, click software on the left hand side, and the "64-bit Kernel and Extentions" will show up along with a bunch of other things, e.g.

About_Mac_Software.png

Your most likely NOT in 64-bit mode though. That is how snow leopard was designed. If it isn't in 6 bit mode, don't try change it to be in 64-bit mode, because there is incompatibilities.

I don't have logic, so can't comment if it will run better in one mode over the other. But i guess you could try both, and see what works better for you.

yeah it says im in 64-bit mode and i found out that my processor has a lot to do with that setting. i've changed everything to suit 64-bit but if there's a way of changing it i'd probably prefer that. only saying this because i ran the same software on my mbp which is 10.5 (Leopard)