skype/facetime intercontinental communications info pls

imadje

I am a complete novice, have no skype account and have never used facetime.

I do have a macbook pro that I believe can do both.

I also have a need now to talk ideas over with possibly up to 5 or 6 other people at once.

And I dont want to spend any money to do it.

I'm sure it's possible so who can tell me the best way?

cheers all.

by reading around, looks like you can chat with up to 10 on skype, and 25 is you purchase skype pro, so it should be right.

So Skype should be fine, but if it doesn't end up doing what you need, here is a summed up comparison of some other options which some are free and will do what you want.

http://www.geekersmagazine.com/best-fre ... vices.html

http://www.skype.com/intl/en/features/a ... deo-calls/

If you want to do GROUP VIDEO calls, then you need to subscribe to Skype premium, which is a Monthly subscription

€5.99/month*

(€6.89 incl. VAT)

I believe that anybody can join the group video convo, BUT only the premium users can invite to it, you can also do group screen share but only if you have a mac, for some reason pc only supports to broadcast screen share in one on one.

But yeh, you can grab it for free and do one one video/screen share calls, group voice calls, share files, send messages as well as call land lines if you buy credit. Its actually come a long way in the past couple of years.