Wollongong beginner training and lessons

DJ_Raptor

Hi Guys,

I'm thinking of offering lessons in the Wollongong area to get beginners started. Vinyl and CD.

Theres not too much you cant learn by yourself, but a few handy pointers and lessons to get you started and on your way can be invaluable.

If anyone is interested in the area, feel free to drop me a line!

Thanks all!

hey mate, i run a dj school, private 1 to 1 lessons and workshops for special educational needs. have been doing for 7 years.

If you want to pass any lesson plans or ideas through me I'll give you honest feedback. I can also give you some tips as to how to best make it a working business venture.

You wont be in competition with me, i'm in the U.K.

am considering emmigrating to oz so am interested in making contacts in the same game :)

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Dj Raptor can you outline your experience as DJ

Hi BigKev...

Started mobile djing in the 90's, moved onto club residencies, under 18's and one off club shows, then started dj the local raves, then hard trance in clubs around sydney etc.

I'm offering my services just to give the real beginner a point in the right direction. Basically helping to get the basics of beat matching and of course giving them exposure to CD, Vinyl and Serato.

There are about 2 pages of different aspects of DJing that needs to be covered when I'm helping the beginner out.

Hope that answers your question.

Lol. Depends on their level and knowledge and music taste. I start with the play buttons and the volume faders. Then cross fader. Then counting beats and bars. Next how to recognise the first beat of a bar. Then maybe matching a second tune but prob just timing cuts first. You dont wanna scare a noob off on their first go so stick with stuff that will get good results for them until they hooked enough to face a few setbacks.

Eg)

End of first lesson- i beatmatch and they count in and fade.

Unless of course they have natural ability.

Lol. Depends on their level and knowledge and music taste. I start with the play buttons and the volume faders. Then cross fader. Then counting beats and bars. Next how to recognise the first beat of a bar. Then maybe matching a second tune but prob just timing cuts first. You dont wanna scare a noob off on their first go so stick with stuff that will get good results for them until they hooked enough to face a few setbacks.

Eg)

End of first lesson- i beatmatch and they count in and fade.

Unless of course they have natural ability.

GOOD POINT!

i guess thats why ur a teacher and im not :P

• 2 weeks later...
Had first lesson with dj raptor, must say i learnt alot and have had heaps to take home and learn with

Hey thanks for that buzurk!!! Was great having you over.

If anyone is interestedvor you know someone who could benefit from a lesson or two, give me a shout. I have a lot of fun teaching the basics and would love to help out any way I can.

awesome to hear you got someone from the forum and even better with the good feedback bru, good stuff :)

where abouts in the gong you from?

Im actually from Albion Park...

I've been lucky enough to have the honor of helping two great DJs from these forums... Lilmunzta (sorry Luke if I spelt that incorrectly) and buzurk of course.

John