Player Help

Suby

I am stressin a little, I have to play a gig tonight on CDJ1000 mk3's, which I have never used before, I am used to using the 2000's and 900's, is there anything I need to know about using these things? I presume they are basically the same apart from not having USB input and no wave forms on the screen?

The 1000s still have a waveform display, it's just a 100 dot display instead of a full colour LCD screen.

I have 850s and when I went and played on 1000s I was fine, the layout is all the same, just no USB input, and for me there was hot cues instead of auto loops so yer.

All pioneer players are similar so besides using CDs instead of USB its all the same stuff man :)

Ps. burn your CDs with cd-text enabled if you haven't already, makes things heaps easier

So the only other question is how long does it take the wave form to load once the track is loaded? my cdj's just load it as they play, would be awesome if they loaded ahead of time, I have seen people using 1000's where the form is loading ahead of where the track has played up to

the waveform on 1000's,900's and 2000's does load faster then the track is playing, you should have to rely on the wavform that much as its not that helpfull on cdj1000's

cdj1000_mk3_display.jpg

keep in mind that that picture is taken on a good song for the wavform, if you were playing something like skrillex the waveform will just be 1 giant block...

sweet as, yeah I dont rely on it to much, but I have been used to it since all the stuff i normally play has pre loaded wave forms.. good to know! thanks! wonder why mine dont load faster.. weird.. oh well. Thanks again Jaz you have put my mind at ease :)

those things were easy to use, except i couldnt work out why the text wasnt coming up, until the last track I played in my set where i realised you had to press the text more button to get text up lol... wave forms didnt load either but wasnt a big drama