Need new desktop

Cupe

So my prick of a PC died somewhere between QLD and here

I need a new PC and don't know anything about hardware since the nvdia 7900 series

I want to do everything and pay the least amount possible

http://pccaus.com/index.php?categoryID= ... ection=ASC

Wouldn't mind one of these as it's close by and cheap but duno what is best bang for buck

Halp asap plz

I had a massive thing written up then i closed the whale of a tab.

Here is what i roughly follow when i'm building a comp.

HDD - Western Digital, never had a problem with, so stick with em. Green series is the quietest, Blue is a compromise between sound and performance, black is the highest performance but the loudest. Ususally just get green, coz people like a quiet computer.

For a higher end computer, can put a smaller SSD to install the OS on, then store docs, music, vids etc. on another internal HDD.

MB - Asus or Gigabyte, doesn't matter too much these days, probably all made at the same place. Just look at the prices on the day, see what has best bang for buck and features you want in the price range your looking at.

RAM - Kingston or Corsair, doesn't matter. Just get whats cheaper in the speed and type you want. Usually pay the extra couple of bucks to get one with a name, they have lifetime warranty most of the time now

CPU - AMD tend to have better value at the budget end, can't go past intel i series for the mid to high end stuff

Graphics - ATI or Nvidia, doesn't matter too much. I've fallen behind with graphics cards, but if i was getting one i'd pick a few in the price range i'm looking at and compare them on a benchmarking site and see what comes out on top, there is a few around. gigabyte and asus rebrand alot of the cards now also, along with tweaking them a bit sometimes, both do the job good from what i've heard.

Case + PSU - Usually buy them combined, its easier and works out cheaper alot of the time. Thermaltake and Coolermaster for a decent quality case, generic one for budget PC. Think Antec make some decent stuff too, but never used them yet.

Optical Drive - LG or Samsung tend to have the drives that burn the most (if not all) the different DVD and CD types, and decent quality so the lasers last for a fair bit. Just get whatever drive comes bundled with Nero so it comes with some half decent software.