HP Pavilion dv6 problems

styga

okay ive had this hp pavilion dv6 since about april/may and recently the webcam has stopped working,

and tonight i tried to use one of the usb ports and it wasnt reading the usb, so i tried the other ports, none of them were working either. tried some other usb sticks and none of those would work either

im considering claiming my warranty on this but the only problem is i wont be able to get anything ive got onto a portable hard drive cause it wont connect.

if anyone has any idea on how to fix those problems let me know, otherwise is it best to claim warranty?

On my dv6 the left hand side usb ports don't work well, they also don't work with my audio 6.

If I was you, id do a factory restore, check if it's fixed.

if it hasn't then you just send it off, if they find something wrong with it within the first year, they send you a brand new one.

On my dv6 the left hand side usb ports don't work well, they also don't work with my audio 6.

If I was you, id do a factory restore, check if it's fixed.

if it hasn't then you just send it off, if they find something wrong with it within the first year, they send you a brand new one.

how do you do a factory restore and will it delete all my folders and everything?

Are the USB Ports getting power to them? Even if the devices aren't recognised, does the lights on them light up? Does windows come up with an error, or just not recognise them at all?

It could be a setting in the BIOS that is disabling USB Devices.

To access the BIOS you will need to keep pressing the f10 key when the computer is first been turned on. It should then open the BIOS.

2. Use the arrow keys to select Exit > Load Setup Defaults, and then press enter.

3. When the Setup Confirmation is displayed, press enter.

4. To save your change and exit the Setup Utility, use the arrow keys to select Exit > Exit Saving Changes, and then press enter.

The Setup Utility default settings go into effect when the computer restarts.

See if that works. If not, you may still be able to get a backup drive to work in a boot CD environment. Try this first though, post back here if it doesn't work and i'll give some instructions on how to get some stuff backed up if it doesn't fix it. Worst comes to worst, you could try copy your files over ethernet to anther computer (brother, mum etc.) and reinstall windows.

Manual for DV6 - http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01758220.pdf

i was considering it at the time but it was an extra like 700/800 for the same specs as this has

granted Mac's are expensive. I just recently upgraded my my macbook after 6 years. I am totally rubbish at upkeeping a PC so can you imagine how many I would've went through in 6 years? I never had any problems in those 6 years either. In fact the mrs is still using that laptop back home.

Worth every extra penny.