Dj trick #1053...Getting rid of that crap MC...

Scenario: You’ve spent a bucket load of money buying your gear and spent hours practicing in the bedroom and have finally landed a set at your local dance party. Problem is, as soon as you start mixing, some idiot with a microphone starts jibber jabbering over your beautiful mix like a chattering monkey. How do you get rid of him?

Solution: Follow these steps and you’ll be sorted…

1. As soon as the MC starts speaking into the mic, play the following sample at MAX volume. Keep playing it every time he speaks into the mic.

http://sourceraver.somatika.net/Other/M ... ackMP3.mp3

2. For those in the audience who can’t make the connection between the MC and the horrible noise (i.e. looking at you) make like your holding a mic, point at the MC and shrug your shoulders.

3. Repeat step one until the MC abandons the mic and goes of to get another hit from his meth pipe.

Problem solved!

(Note: I have heard some excellent MC’s in my time but someone needs to explain to mediocre MC’s that drugs will only help you to speak all night, not improve the quality of what their actually saying!)

bahahahaha... classic. I didnt even need to d/l the sample to find that funny.

I've got a Cosmic Gate where this dude is yelling gay shit out for like the first 3 songs... so annoying. He does it right near the end of an awesome break down. H'e so fucked that he completely mis-pronounces words.... "so come on, put your hands up in the ?aii?!"

Yeah your right...telling him to shut up or turning of the mic are far simpler. But if your not good at conflict resolution and/or have evil tendencies like me, then my method works equally well. It particularly sucks when the MC is an old friend of the promotor (or is the promotor) hence his mediocre performance.

Its also a great trick if you dont get along so well with the sound guy. He'll be bouncing arround the venue with the cold sweats looking for and 'open' mic.

Sorry...just my evil sense of humour getting the better of me! :wink:

Its also a great trick if you dont get along so well with the sound guy. He'll be bouncing arround the venue with the cold sweats looking for and 'open' mic.

Sorry...just my evil sense of humour getting the better of me! :wink:

hahahaha I was just thinking the same

• 3 weeks later...