controler advice needed

firefly11

Depends on what your budget is, what you want to get out of DJing, what type of DJing you want to do.

Some basic questions to answer that will help us determine what will best suit you are:

Budget?

What do you want to get out of DJing (e.g. just muck around in bedroom, house parties, weddings, clubs etc.)?

What type of Djing do you want to (Scratch DJ, club mixing, etc.)

200 pounds is close enough to $298AUD for people reading this, so call it $300.

There is a mixtrack pro review thread here - viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6655&hilit=mixtrack+pro

You can read imadje's, myself, among others opinions about it.

It is decent to learn on, was my first Dj setup. However found i wanted to upgrade after a few months, and now i don't use it at all.

If you have never DJ'ed before, it is also a cheap and easy way to see if you like it or not before spending too much money on it.

However if you already have some experience and know your going to get into it, you could spend a bit more money and get something a bit more advanced. The Traktor S4 that Robsta mentioned is a excellent pro level controller that you wouldn't need to upgrade from, however is up over the $1000AUD mark, well above your budget.

There is also alot of controllers between these two, these are pretty much both extremes. Can't personally recommend any others though as i have no experience with them.

End of the day, mixtrack pro is a cheap easy way to get into DJing on a tight budget and good value for money, but if you want to spend more there are better controllers around.