Beatport Play

Gandy

http://play.beatport.com/

Beatport Play is the next generation remix contest platform creating more opportunites for DJs and producers to be discovered. Get started today with five contests from top artists - Steve Aoki, Chuckie, Christian Smith, Bingo Players and Beck & Charlotte Gainsbourg. Plus, for the first time ever, download the remix parts at no cost.

Beatport is giving you the chance to join Aoki's entourage - including Lil Jon, Nervo, and LMFAO - by remixing his song "Ladi Dadi," featuring Wynter Gordon. The winning remix will be released on Ultra, and the winning remixer will take home an Odyssey Redline DJ Bag (a $500 value). Download the parts from Beatport and get started: submissions open today and close on February 6th.

beatport certainly know how to stay ahead of the game.

explain please...

once upon a time every one was a dj, now every one is a producer. thus beatport staying ahead of the game. Please note i am aware of loopmasters and such sites but beatport is one of the first music digital download sites that i know of to really start to push production side of things.

Ah right, I see where your coming from now. Didn't click on that you meant the fact it is music download site that's pushing production. To be fair to them they have been doing it for a few years now. Always had to pay for the privilege of entering their competitions before now though.

once upon a time every one was a dj, now every one is a producer.

i was just thinking this the other day

It's a pretty natural transition from DJ'ing to production. If you playe enough peoples tunes you should know what works and what doesn't and want to make your own tracks to play out. Obviously it's not quite as easy as it sounds though.....

i.e. a lot of producers these days go on to become dj's!

totally.... however a lot of these guys are pretty shit DJ's to start with. They make shit hot tunes that get them noticed and in turn gets them gigs DJ'ing.

I remember warming up for James Holden a good few years back and he was pretty mince at DJ'ing but his productions were all over the place and his label was killing it too.

It's defo easier to 'make it' if you can get yourself known for productions. Not many DJ's make it big anymore from purely DJ'ing.

james holden = god.

his album the idiots are winning is a massive inspiration of mine.

back on topic. poeple used to be able to get huge just from dj-ng not some much anymore. its all about what your writing. But you still have to put on a good show. so makes it hard