NS6 recording issue

Gandy

when i was recording today, the sound was randomly cutting out for half a second and i am not sure what the go is. The NS6, to my surprise uses a pissy little 12v 2.1mm power supply (considering what it has to power) instead of your normal 3 prong ac power cord you use for your computer etc, could it be a power issue?

hopeing to get this sorted soon

after some googlefu, i have found out a lot of people are having this issue (sigh), i will list the common suggestions by the numark / serato tech reps and post my success/fail results.

1. turn off wifi/bluetooth

tested (always have it turned off when i dj) - still get drop outs

2. do you have any other external usb devices attached?

no - still get drop out

3. are you using a usb hub to connect the ns6?

no - still get drop out

4. Rogue Amoeba Instant Hijack can cause audio connection problems on OSX

Certain Rogue Amoeba software for OSX installs an extra background service called Instant Hijack. This extra can cause audio connection problems with ITCH. We suggest uninstalling this extra if you are having audio connection problems with ITCH.

no idea what this is, but will investigate tomorrow and try it out

5. have you deleted any corrupt itch music files and re-analysed the tracks?

are you fuckign kidding me? you mean i have to second guess whether or not ITCH can analyse tracks without corrupting them??

Will test this after i uninstall instant hijack if i still have issues, as with any troubleshooting no point trying two variables at the same time

6. are you on the latest firmware for the ns6?

yes - sill get drop outs

7. have you got the latest version of ITCH?

yes - still get drop outs

The rogue plugin is part of nice cast, it allows you to stream system audio without having to loop it out theme back in, it 'hacks' the systems audio output to broadcast it.

As you'll be using it with traktor anyway, you should be able to uninstall it. Not sure where to uninstall it, try system prefs or nice cast Prefs

Also turn off the power saving options for your usb hubs under control panel>devices

I had this problem with my s4 but that fixed it

can you not read, i said im not using a usb hub

3. are you using a usb hub to connect the ns6?

no - still get drop out