Netbook Djing?

Tayownzu

I want to get into computer djing, however I don't have a laptop. I want to know if running the dj software on a netbook is possible, due to it's low system specifications and I'm also wondering if the screen size being smaller than laptops is a disadvantage. If anyone knows a cheap laptop or a suitable notebook for djing, please let me know.

I've previously tried this on a 10" netbook and my cpu was through the roof on any remotely good latency settings, also you will need to run traktor so you can customise your layout, and have your track lists as big as possible.

Your also going to need a controller man clicking around on a laptop is not a very good way to dj, especially on a netbook

Grab something like a mixtrack pro, and a core 2 duo laptop with 2gb ram (Bout $400 for the laptop, $150 - $250 for the controller second hand)

By controller he means a midi controller. It is a device that you use to control your dj software instead of your keyboard and mouse, in a more dj friendly manner.

They have a layout similar to a mixer, and alot of them also have a built in sound card.

So to start DJing all you would need is a midi controller with a built In sound card, a laptop, and some headphones.

By controller he means a midi controller. It is a device that you use to control your dj software instead of your keyboard and mouse, in a more dj friendly manner.

They have a layout similar to a mixer, and alot of them also have a built in sound card.

So to start DJing all you would need is a midi controller with a built In sound card, a laptop, and some headphones.

Got ya, cheers. So do you guys reckon this will be able to manage the software effectively. http://www.centrecom.com.au/catalog/rv5 ... 54497.html and yes i'll most likely get a controller then.